When did u start noticing

Options
a change in the way u looked?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I started to notice after I'd lost about 20 pounds. People around me started to notice after the first 15. Of course, body composition, starting weight, etc will have an effect on how weight loss shows on each person.
  • Zengazu
    Zengazu Posts: 2
    Options
    I notice at 30 pounds, so its probably kind of personal :)
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I still haven't. If anything, I've lost weight and not inches, and my stomach actually looks bigger :(
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    i didnt notice until people started telling me what they saw, then i looked at some old pics and i can definitely see it
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I really started to notice after I'd gone to the gym two weeks. My deltoids started to transform...it is incredibly cool how my body is changing...I'm really proud of the comittment I've made. I've been losing weight for the past year and a half, but everyone now says they wonder how I lost so much weight so quickly...that would be the effects of the gym. I'm in my 17th week now.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is 3 weeks and today was the day I started noticing a difference in the mirror. I haven't weighed-in since the end of week 1 but have lost some inches. But I didn't really see it until this morning.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    i noticed when my clothes started fitting differently. I was frustrated because i wasn't seeing weight loss but i was loosing inches. Visually i still don't see it...maybe it's just a mental thing for now.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I started noticing when I fit into a pair of jeans 2 dress sizes smaller than I had been wearing. :noway:
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I didn't ever really notice Until photo's... I still don't notice.. weird I know.. But photo's help...
  • hellou76
    hellou76 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I still think I look the same, I know I am healthier and fitter and two dress sizes smaller but as of yet I still feel like the fat wobbly one in the room. I am sure the day will come when I look in the mirror and think, girl you look good.... Other people started to notice when I had lost a couple of stone, when I hit the 40lb mark everyone was noticing, asking what my secret was. Of course there is no secret (much to their disappointment after a couple of the women in the staff room were taking bets on me having surgery or some other form of medical intervention)
  • tlw81
    tlw81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd week, and I noticed last week. My mid-section and thighs are slimmer, and so are my arms. My husband and my mother noticed as well.
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I still haven't. If anything, I've lost weight and not inches, and my stomach actually looks bigger :(

My stomach seems bigger too! My kids tell me it is because it is my extra stretched out skin is hanging that seems to make me bigger! ha -- I don't think so with only 16 pounds -- but I have lost way more inches on my waist than anywhere else, so I'm guessing that is why tummy seams bigger!

You are loosing it somewhere (to SairahRose) -- take pictures now and keep comparing, you'll see it -- 38 pounds is awesom, no matter how much you have to loose!
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    20 sounds about right. By that point I'm guessing I was around 25% body fat and every loss after that started to be much more noticeable.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed. To me I still look the same. Same double chin, same protruding gut etc.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    When I lay down and see my ribcage poking out. Sadly, I can't lay down all the time.
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    13 pounds I had noticed a big difference as I had dropped a dress size and felt great - clothes were all loose on me!
    After 20 - 26 pounds friends and colleagues etc. noticed a big difference. I've now lost approx 28 lbs in total and since January I have lost 13kg (28 lbs) and have dropped sizes from size 14 to an 8 (Australian sizes).

I still go into shops though and always pick up a 10 or 12 clothing item and try it on and then realise I should be picking up the size 8's! :-)
  • kaedaza
    kaedaza Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started noticing like 2 weeks 12lbs later..I know it was prob all in my head =P
  • ruthpike1
    ruthpike1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. You may not see it, but I'm sure other people have. It's hard to go up to someone and say, "Hey, you're looking good. Looks like you've lost weight." Many people are afraid to offend others and feel that it might make the person who has lost weight feel like the observer thought that they were really heavy before, so they (the people that saw the weight loss) say nothing. javascript:add_smiley('smile','post_body')
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I noticed when I pulled out my passport and looked at the picture. Have to go get a new one now. I don't look like that person anymore.
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i started to really see a change at around the 4th week of lifting and dieting.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!