Baked, NOT Fried- Crispy Chicken Sandwich

Options
ggcat
ggcat Posts: 313 Member
I came across this recipe, and have tweaked it a bit...made it last night and it is awesome! If you love fried "Crispy" chicken sandwiches, then you need to try this!

Preheat Oven to 375.

Ingredients:

4 - 6-8 ounce chicken breasts (I use Costco's Golden Kist Farms)
Tortilla Chips (I use Kirkland Organic Tortilla Chips)
Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (Huy Foods- the one with the rooster on bottle)
1-2 tablespoons of black pepper
Liquid Eggs (I use Great Value)
Olive Oil Cooking Spray (I use Pam)

Take chicken breasts and slice them in half (like a butterfly).
In large zip-lock bag or container pour in your liquid eggs, Sriracha (or hot sauce of your choice), and pepper. Add the chicken and coat really well, then put bag into fridge for at least 20 minutes (be sure to flip bag if laying flat).

Crush your tortillas in a food processor, or the old school way like I do (in a zip-lock bag with a little elbow grease)! Pour them into a dish that is big enough to hold a chicken breast, and encrust your chicken breasts with the chips (get as much on them as you can).

Take a baking sheet or pan and line with foil and spray with your cooking spray. Place chip encrusted breasts onto the pan and lightly spray the tops of them with cooking spray as well.

Place in oven for 15 minutes, turn over and cook additional 10-15 minutes. I temp mine at 180 degrees before I take them out.
Enjoy on a whole wheat bun (I also add some lite mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, and onion)...sometimes nothing!

Per Serving: 178 calories 6 carbs 3 fat 32protein 1 sugar 209 sodium
:drinker:

Replies