How long do you usually work out?

Options
Fayve
Fayve Posts: 411 Member
I'm curious about how long people generally work out when they go to a gym. I always feel like I'm not there for any significant amount of time overall.

How long do you spend in the gym on an average day?

Replies

• Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Depends on how I feel, normally about an hour and half, but today was only an hour as wasnt feeling it, and yesterday was time restricted so only an hour, but it depends on the effort you put in also.
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I try to hit the gym 5 days a week and do about an 1 1/2-2 hours depending on time constraints and what I need to do that day. Usually 50 minutes of cardio and 40 minutes of strength training. If I don't feel like going to the gym, I usually run for 35 minutes or so
  • Lindbergnd
    Options
    I used to workout for four hours a day at the gym, my friends thought i was insane. But what i realized was i took my sweet *kitten* time getting everything done. Once i cut my time down but kept everything i did i'd be there for maybe two. Now my gym time is down to an hour and a half on arm days and 30min - an hour on cardio days because i now run outside for the most part and just do elliptical and abs in the gym.
    What about you?
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Usually an hour to 2 hours depending on what I'm doing that day.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    For about an hour several times a week.
  • Scott277
    Scott277 Posts: 63
    Options
    I keep it short and to the point. no point pissing around in the gym. I also like to do HIIT type of cardio so....no 45min runs as they are pretty much **** compared to HIIT!

:) x
  • Gregularity
    Gregularity Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    45 minutes to an hour. Anything else, at least for me, is overkill.

And I'd venture to say that that applies to most people, as well.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Between an hour to an hour and a half three times a week.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I hop on the treadmill 1st thing to warm up, I do a quick 12 minute mile. Then I hit the weights, it usually takes me 45-50 minutes to do my circuit. Then I hit the whirlpool to relax, also sometimes dip in the pool right quick. That's about 30 minutes. So:

Workout: 62 minutes
    After Workout: 30 minutes
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I usually spend 10 minutes walking to my gym and 10 minutes home - then generally no more than 30-45 minutes at the gym doing higher intensity cardio and strength training. I get way too bored to be there for more than that!
  • Gregularity
    Gregularity Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for something to keep you interested at the gym, I've found a ton of success interchanging music, audio books, and podcasts.

And slightly unrelated - bluetooth headphones are where it's at. Wires suck.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    About a half hour on the stationary bike 6 or 7 times a week + an hour of Zumba once a week.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    oh, plus I wear my Fitbit when I'm not exercising and log in walking and 10 to 20 flights of stairs every day.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    90min-2 hours.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I don't go to a gym, but have a treadmill and free weights and weight bench at home. My total time working out is from 60-85 mins, most days.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    45 min to just over an hour.

The odd day I'll spend 1.5hrs.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i go in to the gym, or out for cardio, with a plan. when it is done, i leave.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Usually abot 45mins to an hour.
  • ahiddenlink
    ahiddenlink Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    90 minutes on cardio days and probably closer to two hours on weights days. I tend to do weights twice a week and cardio four times a week.

Cardio typically goes:

5 minute stretch
    5 minute warm up walk
    10 minute abs
    65 minute elipticial
    5 minute stretch

Weights typically involves a 3 set circuit with 3 5 minute walks and 20 minutes of cardio at the end.
  • kdfulgham
    kdfulgham Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a work-out room at home, and work out at least 60 min, 6 times per week