Where do you have DOMS right now?

Options
Just for curiosity (and maybe to learn a new exercise or two to target those muscles we want to tone)...

Where do you have DOMS and what exercise is it from? (Past, present or future)

(For those that don't know, DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness - the muscle pain you get from micro-tears that happen during intense exercise, which repair themselves bigger and better bit by bit. The soreness is felt most 24-48 hours after the workout typically).

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    My triceps are medium sore right now. Basically I blasted them the other night and after having a lighter week before due to a back injury they're feeling it. Normally I don't get that sore unless I've had a week or more off.

Overhead dumbbell tricep extension. (One dumbbell, both hands)
    Cable tricep press down (bar)
    Dips (on a dip bar. Use a bench/chair if you can't do full dips)
    Cable tricep press downs (rope)

I need to do legs after a 3 week break on legs this weekend. This is going to hurt. *whimper*
  • tlw81
    tlw81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was chest/triceps day for me, so that's where my DOMS is. I'm doing week 3 of Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer (found on Bodybuilding.com), and I lift at about 85% of my max. I deviate a little from her suggested moves, but yesterday I did chest press and decline chest press, shoulder press, lateral arm raises, pec flyes, tricep pulldowns, kickbacks, and pushdowns. 3x10 85%
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    none, really, which kinda sucks. i did two workouts that seemed to be very challenging but im not sore. so i dont know if that means i need to step it up even more or what. my lower back is SLIGHTLY sore but not really bad
  • 4manda76
    4manda76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thighs, knees, gluts, obliques & triceps all from Les Mills Bodypump :)
  • alancheng
    Options
    lats, low back, triceps, quads, a bit at chest and abs
  • musiche
    musiche Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My triceps are medium sore right now. Basically I blasted them the other night and after having a lighter week before due to a back injury they're feeling it. Normally I don't get that sore unless I've had a week or more off.

I need to do legs after a 3 week break on legs this weekend. This is going to hurt. *whimper*

Love it! I have been trying to grow some bigger triceps, just cuz I figure you get most of your definition from the biceps and triceps and I have the bicep portion covered. I love those chair dips, such a good exercise! :)
  • musiche
    Options
    Yesterday was chest/triceps day for me, so that's where my DOMS is. I'm doing week 3 of Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer (found on Bodybuilding.com), and I lift at about 85% of my max. I deviate a little from her suggested moves, but yesterday I did chest press and decline chest press, shoulder press, lateral arm raises, pec flyes, tricep pulldowns, kickbacks, and pushdowns. 3x10 85%

I came across this exact workout when browsing the web a few weeks ago. I signed up for it but didn't start it (I was more curious than anything). I am hesitant to drop my current routine, it just fits so well into my lifestyle, and her workout would definitely disrupt the balance I've found.

I'd like to give it a try down the road, let me know what you think of it! :)
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've been swimming this summer and it makes me feel muscles in my butt that I didn't even know I had and overhead painting with a roller 3/4 hours at a time is killing my neck and shoulders.
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    As of now, I'm sore on my shoulders, chest, bicepts, tricepts, upper back, obliques, slightly in the abs, and the area under the butt cheeks and inner thigh area. All this soreness is from doing Insanity Max Recovery yesterday, mainly the planks sections and the ballet squat section.
  • musiche
    Options
    Hey Tori!

I found that when I lived with a constant caloric deficit, that my workouts kind of plateaued and what seemed like a challenging workout was capped by my lack of fuel (calories). It didn't seem strange to me at the time, but when I look back now I can definitely see how I maxed out my potential. Since I started eating more (about 1000 calories more per day, roughly at maintenance levels) I have seen that my workouts have taken off like crazy and I'm progressing quickly (compared to not at all with a big deficit), and because I can do so much more (literally, I lift a little more ever few days it seems) I am getting more DOMS than I used to, which when I maxed out, was rarely ever.
  • musiche
    Options
    As of now, I'm sore on my shoulders, chest, bicepts, tricepts, upper back, obliques, slightly in the abs, and the area under the butt cheeks and inner thigh area. All this soreness is from doing Insanity Max Recovery yesterday, mainly the planks sections and the ballet squat section.

Oh my goodness! That doesn't sound like much of a recovery! Lol

I keep hearing about Insanity. Gotta say, my curiosity is piqued. Have you been doing it long?
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness! That doesn't sound like much of a recovery! Lol

I keep hearing about Insanity. Gotta say, my curiosity is piqued. Have you been doing it long?

My coworkers and I have been doing this since July 1st, and we just started month 2 this past Monday. We do the workout at work, so I sometimes am able to do Insanity 2-4 times a week. We all LOVE it and sweat our butts off. It's intense and addicting. Once this month is over, we've decided to go through the 2 month program again. I hightly recommend it. I burn about (on average) 650 cal in 38 min, while some of the other girls burn much more (due to age and weight), but we all push each other.
  • musiche
    Options
    Sounds great! I will look into it. Intensity is lacking a bit for me, sounds like this would do the job!
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Always get them In my hamstrings from Romanian dead lifts! Tonight I did drag curls.... Biceps were screaming and I expect them to be a bit sore tomorrow!
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

Love it! I have been trying to grow some bigger triceps, just cuz I figure you get most of your definition from the biceps and triceps and I have the bicep portion covered. I love those chair dips, such a good exercise! :)
    FYI.. Triceps, believe it or not, area bigger muscle than the biceps... Thus bigger looking arms if you work them hard enough!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Ummm, my entire body. Almost 2 hours of treading water and swimming in the lake today. Feels gooood. Ouch.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Quads from Barbell squats, box squats, single leg barbell squats, and leg extentions yesterday.
    My shoulders and chest are still a little sore from my chest day a few days ago. Bench press, decline bench, incline bench, and cable flys.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Everywhere. Chest, delts are killin, triceps are murdered. quads are destroyed, my glutes are cramping like no other, and my calves are so sore I can barely touch my heels to the ground. Tomorrow is back day, I should be effectively paralyzed after that.
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Shoulders and chest from Body Attack. I've recently started doing "proper" press ups. On the toes!!

As my fitness increases I suffer less and less from DOMS. Took me a while to realise it wasn't because I wasn't training hard enough.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Right now I have some in my quads/hamstrings from my walk/sprint interval session this week (probably exacerbated a bit by my 40 minute elliptical run yesterday).

Also have some lower back, mostly from plate weighted back extensions earlier.