How long do you usually work out?

Options

Replies

• shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    3 days a week about 1-1 1/2 hours....maybe two some days.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Usually 60 mins including warm up and cool down.

In general, most fitness experts will tell you anymore than an hour and WTH are you doing?
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    It really depends as each day is very different. Depends on the days goals/targets, what mood I'm in and if there is a time restrictor. However, usually I spend approx 1.5hr at the gym on a normal day doing a teeny bit of cardio and an hour or more of weights. I have 1-2 cardio days at the gym per week and focus only on that and the other 5 days I do weights predominately. I also jog/run/interval train 3-4 times per week for about 5-8km around the streets!
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I usually do 80 -90 minutes M-F before work and 2-3 hours each day on the weekend depending on what I am working on.
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    when i was going to the gym, i'd usually shoot for an hour.
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    One hour
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    between 1 to 1 1/2 hrs.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Before I was doing insanity, which has only been for a couple of weeks, I would workout at home. M/W/F I did 20-25 Min of cardio on ladders on either the elliptical, running outside, or rollerblades and 5 min of abs. T/TH/S I would do about a 30 min weight workout and maybe abs depending. As long as you workout smart you don't need alot of time especially if all you are trying to do is tone up. Workout hard BUT also workout smart. With 5 kids, I don’t have time to waste! I also did try to fit in walks at work and such if I happen to be sitting a lot that day.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Wow... I was just reading everyone’s responses! I am like the poster and can't imagine spending any more then 45 min max working out, heheh. Usually I am around 30 min. Hit it, get done, get out! To each their own tho ;)
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If im doing lifting followed by cardio im usually there 90 minutes or longer. If im just lifting usually 45-60 mins.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 12 min (bodyrock.tv workouts) to 90 min. It just depends what's going on and what I have time for. I have 3 young children so it definitely varies day to day!
  • BMJ1225
    BMJ1225 Posts: 12
    Options
    Well usually i just do it randomly throughout the day. Like i do my workout in the home gym (30 mins) and then sometimes iif i feel fine i go on a long walk, etc. So it usually adds up to like 90 mins on a normal day with about 650-700 cals per day
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym, but when I work out at home (or go for a run), it's usually for about 45 to 70 minutes, depending on the workout.
  • rocksyraeis
    Options
    30-60 mins usually though until i burn at least 200 calories.
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I usually go for about 2 1/2 hours. I usually go from 5:30am to 8am... of course that will change when school starts back up. But I find its a good time to go..its quiet, its just regulars...and I have plenty of time to think.

I usually do some form of weights each day...some days are spend as much as an hour over in that section. And the rest is cardio...I like to mix it up. Keep my body guessing...some days its treadmill, step climber, rowing machine...other days its elliptical, bike, treadmill... etc etc.

I didn't start like that tho!! When I started back to the gym in June of this year...I think I started with 45mins to an hour...
    But now I love doing the weights and I find I spend more time on that side than I ever have before...I can tell my body is changing and its really exciting!! :)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    ~90 minutes on gym days. 3-4X a week currently.
  • annchocolate
    Options
    I try to workout for 2-3 hours 5-6 days a week. I do inline rollerblading, so when I'll be back to the gym I guess I'll workout 1-1,5 hours , 5 days a week.
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I usually stay at the gym for an hour, lately I've been skipping the gym and just doing the 30 day shred twice a day. It is sooo much more convenient and I'm literally still pouring sweat 5 minutes after the workout is done. Intensity is more important than time, I think.
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym. I workout at home. I workout for 45mins - 1 hour.
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wow... I was just reading everyone’s responses! I am like the poster and can't imagine spending any more then 45 min max working out, heheh. Usually I am around 30 min. Hit it, get done, get out! To each their own tho ;)

Well you're clearly doing something right