Avocados -- Super Food or Something Else?

Options
2»

Replies

• vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    i have just recently (within the last year or so) found the avocado love! I agree with others, they are good in moderation. I have a question though - how do you keep yours from turning brown on you? I only eat a quarter to a half of one at a time so what should I do with the rest of it?

Would love to know the answer to this too :D

I read somewhere that you need to leave the pi in the half you dont use and then you wrap it in plastic wrap making sure it touches the flesh and then put it in a ziploc bag that it helps a lot.
  • Ashers83
    Ashers83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i have just recently (within the last year or so) found the avocado love! I agree with others, they are good in moderation. I have a question though - how do you keep yours from turning brown on you? I only eat a quarter to a half of one at a time so what should I do with the rest of it?

Keep the pit in the side you don't eat and when you wrap it up make sure the plastic wrap is air tight. Oxygen hiting the flesh is what turns it brown! I do the same thing when I make guac. I smash the plastic wrap right on top of the guac and than put a lid on the container.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    they are like nature's butter. but i think they're too fatty and would never eat an entire one unless on a strict low carb diet.