I could just cry

Options

Replies

• walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could promise yourself if you still want it at the end of day 4, go ahead and indulge but only plan on eating a measured amount (plan for the calories). That way you will get a taste of it but the carnival will be over and you won't be able to get anymore. I do this sometimes when my husband gets french fries or a bag of chips. I say eat them all but save the last one for me. It gives me the taste but there isn't anymore to eat.
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Go get a bag and eat half of it. Why deprive yourself of yummy goodness. Then just exercise off what you eat. It really is that simple.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/

This. One meal isn't going to undo everything. Just get back to being normal the next day.
  • suaku
    suaku Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm with the people who urge you to have a little (and like the person who suggested getting them only to give you half a bag).

You can't permanently deprive yourself -- you need to find a lifestyle that works for you for the rest of your life. That includes indulgences in moderate amounts (and adjusting your other calorie intake/exercise to account for that). I think that a lot of people gain weight after "diets" because when they hit their "goal", they don't know how to deal with this type of craving and go back to their old eating patterns.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Take a cup and go down and see how much they will charge you for just a cup full. I have no problem explaining why I want what I want. I tell them hey I've lost 112 lbs and there is no way I'm going to screw this up, but this smells so good so can you just sell me a cup full or half a bag full or 1/3 rd of a bag full. Or go buy the whole bag and eat a few bites and throw the rest away so you don't take the rest of the bag upstairs with you. Choices but you know it gives you the small taste your craving without the guilt of eating the whole bag.
  • walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like that idea! I'm going to try it, too!
  • kateowp
    kateowp Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If eating sugar triggers sugar cravings for you then avoid it like the plague- for me a splurge on a sweet treat results in either more (a lot more) sweets or a miserable week of thinking how I want more. If you are the type that can have some and then move on then set aside some calories and work it into your food plan. An occasional treat that doesn’t push you over your weekly calories is a good thing.
  • angeldove85
    Options
    Are you hungry? Yes- choose a healthier snack than those empty calories with lots of sugar. No- then DO NOT eat.

It's the perfect time to learn healthy eating habits!

GOOD LUCK AND STAY STRONG!! :)
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I would eat it. I plan on having some yummy food when our fair comes in October-probably a funnel cake, a candy apple, and chicken pie.
  • rjorgy4
    rjorgy4 Posts: 10
    Options
    ya'll may not like to hear this but I say go for it. Eat what you like, just not too much of it and work your butt off and exercise. I think the more you try to stay away from it the more you'll want it. If you have enough willpower not to eat it, good for you, but don't beat yourself up over it. :):smile:
  • smsgreaves
    smsgreaves Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Some great advice here!!
    I'd go with buy some, ask them to only give you half, and then throw half of that again out. Go down, get involved in the music and festivities, eat a little and DO NOT take the rest home! Dance, walk around, have fun. Don't deprive yourself of all the good stuff ;)
    But GREAT WORK holding strong for this long!! :flowerforyou:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,266 Member
    Options
    I do NOT get this guilt over food. I am sorry, but that guilt is NOT at all healthy!

If you want some, go have some. Eat a portion and then toss the rest if you have to. But there is no reason to think you can never have that food again or to feel guilty about it.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    one cup has about 110 calories in it, take the stairs a couple of times and you'll work off that 110 in no time.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My dietitian tells me if I plan for a treat then exercise for it and eat it and not feel guilty because it is a planned treat. Just telling you what I do and it works. No guilt if you plan it ....and you are within calorie limits. I have even went to the grocery store and got 1/2 of a donut from the bakery and half them cut it and throw the other half away. I enjoy it and there is no guilt. I come home make a cup of coffee sit down and enjoy. You have to learn to treat yourself and not feel guilty or you will never stay with it. It's a lifestyle change.
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Try logging it into your food diary and see what it does to your numbers. Information is power! Once I see how bad a food I am craving really is, I'm usually no longer craving it quite so much.

I LOVE this advice. You hit it right....always looking at the numbers before putting it in the mouth! :flowerforyou:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,266 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry? Yes- choose a healthier snack than those empty calories with lots of sugar. No- then DO NOT eat.

It's the perfect time to learn healthy eating habits!

GOOD LUCK AND STAY STRONG!! :)

Healthy eating habits also includes being able to have some foods in moderation and not having guilt over it. Tell me you are NEVER going to have some of your favorite food ever again...

Sorry, but I refuse to live a life where I can't have a cupcake if I wish to have one.
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I'd say, if you can fit it into your day, go for it! You shouldn't have to deprive yourself of stuff you love. :)

And I agree with tmauck, if you can buy a tiny portion of it, try that! Or take your measuring cup with you, buy a full sized bag and portion it out while you're still outside, and throw the rest into one of the trash bins outside... then you're not tempted by it.

Or, if you don't like to waste, take your portion and then give it away to someone else who is enjoying the food from the festival.

Good luck, whatever you decide!
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I would go buy some and just ask them to fill half the bag with it. Or you could pre-log it and see what it comes out to be. Bottom line is you can't go through your whole life never eating anything you really want if you do you're going to snap and eat everything you can get your hands on. I'm not trying to encourage anyone to give up on their "diet" but I've been losing weight slowly but consistently since I've started and I eat "junk" all the time. I portion control and don't deprive myself which allows me to stay on track and not go insane when I'm around all the "good" stuff :)
  • DollShannon
    Options
    Take a cup and go down and see how much they will charge you for just a cup full. I have no problem explaining why I want what I want. I tell them hey I've lost 112 lbs and there is no way I'm going to screw this up, but this smells so good so can you just sell me a cup full or half a bag full or 1/3 rd of a bag full. Or go buy the whole bag and eat a few bites and throw the rest away so you don't take the rest of the bag upstairs with you. Choices but you know it gives you the small taste your craving without the guilt of eating the whole bag.

I LOVE THIS! I was going to suggest just going down and asking for a sample...but this is way better!!!
    Good luck!
    (And ENJOY;o)
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I would do it. I would sooo do it. I would smile while I did it. BUT, we are diffrent. If it's cals you are worried about, you won't do that much damage with one treat. And remember, this is something you are going to do for the rest of your life. Are you going to be happy never eating treats again? But, if it's an addiction your breaking then okie-dokie...
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • bbchatter
    bbchatter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you can hang on, keep hanging! But my thought was to ask the vendor to give you less. Someone else also said that. But it would be more fun to share it if there it someone nearby. Can you get out of the house tomorrow so you don't have to be tortured? Maybe a museum...indoors away from food smells. I wish you luck and congrats...I would not have made it. Let us know what you ended up doing.