Horse riders?

Options
13»

Replies

• wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have 7 horses and my young one is one of the reasons I want to get back down to a fighting weight. It would be better for his back and my balance. I live in Northeastern Illinois so any of you gals dying to ride are welcome to come for one.
  • CandiceScott69
    CandiceScott69 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was on a horse at 2 weeks old. I grew up working cattle, barrel racing, and riding lots of road and pasture miles. I had fusion done on my back when I was 33, and still have some pretty bad places in my back so am not allowed to ride anymore. On a horse was how I spent my life until them. Sure do miss it.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm horseless at the moment, but in the past I evented and worked as a barn manager and dressage groom. I miss the ponies.
  • whoviangleek
    Options
    SAVE THE HORSE, RIDE A COWBOY :blushing:

I wholeheartedly agree!
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I grew up riding and showing Saddlebreds....saddle seat equitation. I just got up in June for the first time in 5 or 6 years and it was AWESOME!! My 4 year old daughter and I are starting lessons together. It is such a wonderful experience to share that with her! :happy:
  • whoviangleek
    Options
    I ride western, but I don't own. There's a family friend in a nearby city that owns a ranch, and he lets me ride the horses for free if I help out with grooming and training. The closest I'll ever get to having a real horse is a Ford Mustang.
  • Chrysy87
    Chrysy87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just bought my first horse this year. We do hunter/jumper. :D So much fun!!
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hunters, dressage, and a good trail ride any day .!!
  • Mojee000
    Mojee000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eventing here and dressage. I have a 10 yo Appy/Clyde gelding. He is my heart.
  • daisydog101
    daisydog101 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have 3 horses at the moment and do dressage.
    Have to get rid of 2 due to uni :(
    Hoping to start up with lessons soon though
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You name it and we pretty much do it. From 4H to competition at the state level. We have three great horses (all rescues) two off the track and one we dont have much history on. Feel free to friend me and we can chat horses.
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I do a little bit of everything My main focuses are barrel racing, trail, western pleasure, and reining. I also enjoy doing cattle work and just going for a trail ride every now and then. I have 3 paints, 2 quarter horses, and one pony at home :) Love them all like my kids!
  • HealthyFor2013
    Options
    trail riding <3
    don't own my own horse but have been browsing the sales adds for a long time like years :P
    hopefully one day ill have the space a horse needs until then ill be volunteering at the local riding stable until i'm under 95kg
    :)
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My RSPI gelding is a proud owner of me :) He is a big brown bear........17hh 10yo. We have been together just about 2 years now and loving it. Was mainly hunters pre George now I am in the jumpers and only local hunters as our middle name is NOT Grace!