Toddler Moms?

Options
Any other moms of toddlers out there hoping to lose weight? My youngest turns two in October so the whole "post baby weight" excuse no longer applies. Ahem.

I'm looking for busy mamas like myself to help stay motivated and help hold me accountable. I'm thinking weekly weigh in/check ins, recipe sharing, exercise challenges...Go big or go home! :)

Anyone in?

Here's my stats:
2 kids, oldest is 3 youngest is almost 2
Goal: 60 pounds to lose
Height: 5'5
Weaknesses: CARBS. Ugh.

Replies

• kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have a toddler! She'll be 3 in November. She's my one and only and I'm 41 (translated: I'm old and tired from running around after her).
    I'm 5'2" and would like to lose 45 lbs, in addition to what I've already lost.
    My weakness is also carbs (bread and butter please), but I've been pretty good about my food since joining MFP.
  • katieeweiss
    katieeweiss Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Me! I'll add you as a friend!

I have a boy who will be 2 in November. :)
    I'm on day 5 of 30DS - which I do when baby is sleeping or on a jog with his Daddy.
    I'm about 190, my GW is 125.
    I'm 5'0" tall.
    Weakness - fat and sugar.

I would absolutely LOVE to be your buddy and help you any way I can - and the other way around! :D

Edit: Oh and I'm 22 lol.
  • ChelleA1234
    Options
    He is not a toddler yet but I do have an 8 month old son and I need to lose about 50-60 pounds as well! add me too! we can do this together! I am in NJ by the way if anyone wants to meet up and walk.
  • Ange03063
    Ange03063 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 year old son. My starting weight was 219 and my goal weight is 148. I'm 5'9". My weaknesses are ice cream, chocolate, and cheese (although I'm a big fan of carbs too!)....let's do this!
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Here here! I have a 2 1/2 yr old little boy who thinks he's 13 already. Never NEVER a dull moment. I'm currently in week 4 of doing C25K.

5'1"
    wanting to lose 35-40lbs
    32 yrs old

I also work 40-45 hours a week outside the home and love hearing how other parents continue to make it all happen without becoming sleep deprived. Ha!

Feel free to add me. I love having the accountability of new friends on MFP.

Edited for grammar.
  • rayraygbs
    Options
    anyone is welcome to add me! i am a single mom to a 3-1/2 year old and need to lose at least 60lbs :)
  • brighteyes21
    brighteyes21 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have 3!!! well 1 is not so much a toddler any more but its still a challenge. I have a 7 year old boy, a 4 year old girl, and a 3 year old girl, but it feels like i have alot more since i have a daycare in my house. so im always busy and most of the time i dont have any motivation to work out. i want to lose about 60lbs, but yes i love my carbs!! so far its been a very big challenge!
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Anyone is free to add me :)
    I'm a single mama of a 2 1/2 year old girl who has the attitude of a teen.
    Starting weight (IE Weight right after I gave birth) : 180
    Goal weight: 115
    Current weight: 144
    Height: 5'3"

I am currently waiting to start Insanity, :) Just did a bit of dancing for my work out today though,
    My biggest weakness is: Carbs... Love em. Can't get rid of em
  • foranagirl
    foranagirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Here. And tired too. I have a 5 year old who starts kindergarten in Sept, and a 2 and 1/2 year old. And I'm 46!

5'2 and 1/2 (very proud of that 1/2 inch). Have lost 20 but need to lose at least another 40 to get down to 137 (healthy weight per WWs).
  • ValentineMomma
    ValentineMomma Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Hi Everyone,
    I have a 3 year old son and an 11 month old son. It is so hard to eat right. Go ahead and add me. Lets help each other.I want to lose about 60lbs. I'm walking my first half marathon in October 2012. ;) I walk about 13 miles a week.
  • smewoo
    smewoo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    mememe!!!!

My son is turning 3 in October, I have lost and gained back almost all of my "baby weight" twice already. I have been through a lot in the past couple years though, my house burned down a few months ago and up went my scale again =( and my son had some health problems a year ago. I stress eat obviously. But I am back again getting married in October! =)

I am 5' 4"
    and I have 49-59 pounds to lose. I am thinking somewhere between 135 and 125 I will know when I get there. I want to get back into my size 5 jeans...although I will have to buy more now that my house burned down, all my goal pre pregnancy clothes burned up =(.

Starting weight:184
    Goal:125
    Height 5'4'

Oh I need new friends too cuz all the friends I had are inactive now...booo add me I except anyone!
  • Kotulak76
    Options
    I'm in! I have 3.5 year old twins and a 10 month old! Both hubby and I work FT, so spare time is almost non-existent. I am always looking for recipes, exercise recommendations, and of course, support and motivation from other moms! I am 36, 5 feet tall and currently weigh 173. I've lost 30lbs so far this year but would like to lose 40 more. I had previously lost 50lbs and kept it off for 10+ years before becoming pregnant with the twins, so I thought I could just use that foundation of my prior experience to get off the "baby" weight, but 3 years and 1 addt'l baby later and it's been a much sloooower process! Our family is complete now, so I'm DETERMINED to get that pre-baby body back!! :)

Oh - and my weakness is sweets/sugar!
  • PerfectAndi
    Options
    I'm 18. My one and only daughter, Sophia, is 3. Her father has finally stepped up to the responsiblity giving me the ability to dance again. THat's my motivation to lose wieght. I need to lose the wieght be for auditions Nov 10th.

Stats:
    Height: 5'3"
    Wieght: 128.5
    GW: 110
    GW Date: Nov. 10th
  • missemmapeel
    missemmapeel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Mommas- I'm looking for friends to support and motivate me, and who I can return the same, so please add me :)

I have two daughers, 2 1/2 and a 5-week old.

I'm 32, I have 20 pounds to lose to reach my goal weight, and 30 to reach my stretch goal.

I'd love to hear exercise and healthy food ideas- I haven't figured out how to exercise with my babes...
  • Alicia__Rhea
    Options
    My daughter just turned 3 on Aug 31st. I stay at home with her at the moment and I need to lose at least 60lbs but would like to lose 70. My biggest weaknesses are carbs, cheese and soda (though pretty much everything is hard for me to refuse lol). I just started using this a couple days ago after my cousin in Tx pushed me to do it (he has now lost 106lbs since March of this year). I'd love to have more friends on here to help me along the way and for me to help them. You can feel free to add me.
  • jbeatty02
    Options
    My son turned two in August and I've lost weight but still have more too lose and tone up. It's hard with an active toddler to get my workout in. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • lisam625
    lisam625 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I have a 3 year old girl that will be 4 in Nov. and a baby boy that just turned 1 Aug. 31st. So the 9 months to put it on and 9 to take it off excuse no longer applies to me either. My husband actually reminded me of that about a month ago and I almost punched him in the face. But anyway, I have 4 children 14, 12, 3, and 1. Ive always spend the first year in "mommy mode". Which is pony tail, sweats, and no make up. Well, Im slowly emerging out of mommy mode and back into me mode.

Welcoming all new friends!

Im 5'6"
    Weigh 192
    Goal weight 150
    36 years old
  • technobunny
    Options
    Hi! I too have a toddler!

Here's my stats:
    1 Daughter: 1 year 4 months
    Goal: I reached my initial goal of 119 and working towards 110 & Muscle Building (Total weight loss: 59.20LBS since baby)
    Height: 5'4
    Weaknesses: Definitely Carbs and Chocolate! :bigsmile:
  • Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hi mamas! I'm 28. I have a 3 year old son, and do daycare from my home. I'm 5'7" and I started at 249. Lost some and since it seemed to be sticking, joined this site. I'm large framed and have some serious curves, so my goal weight is a toned 165.

The thing I struggle most with is just mindless snacking. Since I am in my house all day, it is all too easy to just constantly snack.
    I'm a walker, try to do 3-5 miles every day. I also do Zumba 2-3 times a week and strength training 2-3 times a week.
  • Superkwing83
    Superkwing83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow "MOMMYs!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -
    I'm K. 30. 3 yr old daughter (3 on the 30th) and 15 month old son.
    5'4", 141. Working on "last 10". Less focus on the number and more focus on the body recomposition.
    Weakness - ice cream and rice.....I'm Asian lol
    I'm new also so feel free to add me! Probably won't get around to sending requests until kiddos are in bed ;)