How can I lose the last 10-15lbs?

Options
I'm 5'5 129ish (I've gained recently) HW 138 LW 125. I KNOW the # on the scale doesn't matter (for the most part) but I'd love to be between 115-120. That's not too extreme!
Anyway, I've eaten healthy/worked out on and off. I can never stay with it! I've been researching all kind of diets for the past few days: Atkins, Dukan etc but ehh not my thing. I really don't want to diet, cut out anything that I NEED. I want this to be a permanent lifestyle.

I've done the 30ds, pop pilates, jog (not run) on the treadmill, i use the elliptical (although I'm starting to hate it), I gave up on Insanity (It got boring), and other videos.

Any kind of plan/schedule I can use to lose these last 10-15lbs?

Replies

• april1lowe
    april1lowe Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I had a lot more to loose then you and did but I am also struggling the last 10/15 lbs. They just won't go away! It is sooooooo annoying! I ate perfectly for two weeks and lost all of 6 oz, then woke up one morning and 4 were back. I did nothing different. I know this is not the smallest I can be. This is the smallest I've ever been but with the research I've done it's not unrealistic for me to be 120 but for some odd reason my body won't budge no more :( I often wonder if it's bc I have never been this size but seriously, I'm so ready to drop these last lbs!
  • CelestinoZ
    Options
    At your height 129 lbs is an excellent weight. It seems like you've done mostly cardio, and aerobic type wourkouts. To lose those last 10-15 pounds you should try to incorporate resistance training in to your routine. The problem with cardio without resistance training is that when you lose weight, you also end up losing quite a bit muscle. This is one of those areas of use it or lose it.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    12 more here...I've upped my speed on the elliptical, going from 4.8 mph to 5.5 and logging 60 minutes during the week (trying to up that to 90) to 120 on the weekends. I'm starting gradually to introduce resistance with the arms to my work out routine, not too fast, because I use my arms at work.

Looks like I had quite a bit to lose comparatively speaking, but like you guys, I'm ready to have the rest of the weight fall!
  • awillkies
    awillkies Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3", small framed. i am losing the last 10 (now 7) and toning up. it's tough. after having a baby, it's been a 4 (yes that is right people FOUR YEAR) battle to get back & even then i wasn't 100% in like i am now. i am really really determined to get down to my goal weight & tone up in my belly (especially). i'm doing this through a diet of 1200 cals & i'm doing Jillian Micheals 6 week 6 pack & i do pilates (reformer) 1x a day- the latter of which i've being doing for almost 2 1/2 years... with the jillian DVD and MFP keeping track of what i'm eating, so far i've dropped about 3 lbs. BUT i do see definition happening from Jillian's stuff. it is hard as balls to lose this last 'bit' for me. just wanted to share. *sigh* hey, i truly wish you Good LUCK!! know you're not alone!
  • g4genn
    g4genn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Add light weight training 3-5 times a week or join a crossfit gym for 3 months.
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've been stuck in a plateau for 9 weeks. I have cut sugar, cut sodium, increased cals, lowered cals, cut carbs. Idk what theheck is gong on. I have been at my goal weight before (between babies 1 & 2) and I know it's possible, just not sure how to get this last 12 off. I do know I am freaking frustrated!!! :grumble: