Homemade pizza... for a fat wife and a skinny husband :)

Options
anjukins
anjukins Posts: 103 Member
We have a wood-burning oven, and always cook on cast-iron... when it's cold, i LOVE to make pizza in the stove. it makes me feel like a pioneer princess!! and when i'm making my own dough and my own sauce, I can be totally neurotic about ingredients... and exactly how big and how caloric each pie is gonna be! I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but my pizza is about 1/3 the size of his... but we used goat cheddar and goat mozzarella, black olives, fresh basil & oregano, and jalapenos. So so so good. My pizza was about 300 calories (and filled me to the brim); my husband's was about 700. perfect.

15nk4sm.jpg

Replies

• tattooedtwiin
    Options
    WTG! They both look GREAT! :smile:
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    Whoa, looks amazing !!!!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    That looks fabulous! I have a skinny husband, too... (oh, wait, I mean "slender") so I know how you feel...buggers. :wink:
  • anjukins
    Options
    Yes! haha... "slender", pardon me. I am definitely the family cook, and it's so hard getting him the calories he needs per day (3800) and staying within my own limit (1200)... but we're managing. somewhat. :)
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    what recipe do you use for the base? I'm struggling to find a good low cal one.

They both look incredible by the way
  • Tsatsilala
    Options
    that sounds yummy. I've never had goat cheese before. Can you get it at the regular stores? How much did you buy for these pizzas?
  • anjukins
    Options
    My pizza had about 1.7 oz of cheese on it, and my husband's had 4 oz. You can usually get goat cheese at a regular store, but the quality really varies. i only use a local goat cheese, because the goats are happy and the cheese is DELICIOUS. don't give up if you don't like the first goat cheese you try! the stuff at trader joe's is usually disgusting!! :)

I use a basic pizza dough recipe:
    2 teaspoons yeast
    3 cups flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 tbsp agave
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1 cup and 2 tbsp water

and just make my base really thin, and bake it for a minute without anything on it, so it doesn't get too soggy or whatever.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    My pizza had about 1.7 oz of cheese on it, and my husband's had 4 oz. You can usually get goat cheese at a regular store, but the quality really varies. i only use a local goat cheese, because the goats are happy and the cheese is DELICIOUS. don't give up if you don't like the first goat cheese you try! the stuff at trader joe's is usually disgusting!! :)

I use a basic pizza dough recipe:
    2 teaspoons yeast
    3 cups flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 tbsp agave
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1 cup and 2 tbsp water

and just make my base really thin, and bake it for a minute without anything on it, so it doesn't get too soggy or whatever.

^^ oooh i'm going to try that recipe!! :)
  • anjukins
    Options
    it works great in a bread machine on "dough" setting, or like any other pizza dough recipe- it has to rise for about 1.5 hours after kneading, and then it's perfect! :)
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing, and how cool to have a wood burning stove!!
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Always on the lookout for a good dough recipe!

Will give it a try!
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt that is just beyond awesome! :bigsmile:

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Yum. I like to make homemade pizza too. I experiment and put various herbs in my dough. I've put your typical basil, parsley and oregano in it. I have also tried garlic and rosemary. So delish! Enjoy your dinner! :love:
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    O. M.G. I'm drooling!!
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Looks fabulous - can I come over for dinner?
  • cobes24
    cobes24 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • anjukins
    Options
    Aww, I'm glad people still like this post! We had to move out of that house with the woodburning cooking stove (such an epic tragedy!!!) but we're saving up to buy one for our new house.
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    looks so good. My husband just asked me to make some home made pizzas, my son remined me today! Love making individuals so we all get what we love! I took a class on it, you'd think I would want to do it? My artisan bread class made pizza from scratch so simple. Just have to do a calorie check in recipe builder before hand?!