The Vanilla Caramel Drumstick and the Red Minus 317

Options

Replies

• D0ry
    D0ry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good to read such a story 07:08 am, while I'm sleepy and wondering if it isn't to early for jogging, working out, etc. You just answered my questions man - anyone who wants to achieve something should do what they have to do. Period.

Congratulations on you success - this particular one and on the long term. Keep winning and have a great weekend! :)
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Awesome resolve to go for your walk. Awesome that you recognized that food is our drug, our alcohol. But you didn't let the RED 317 beat you down. Loved your post... Made me smile!

And congrats on the 20#s...
  • phil412
    phil412 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you and thanks for sharing!!!
  • kfesta52
    kfesta52 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Fantastic storytelling, and inspiring. This made me smile. :) Good for you!
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Great story. Well done
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    OMG what an awesome success story! I LOVE your style of writing. You did such a great job overcoming your temptation! :drinker:
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Fantastic storytelling, and inspiring. This made me smile. :) Good for you!

These were my exact thoughts.......way to go!
  • Ronni140
    Ronni140 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiring (and entertaining) post! Congratulations to you!!!:drinker:
  • mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing writer! I loved reading your story! Congratulations on not giving into the psychological agony of those red numbers!
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    I really like the way this is written.
    I particularly like the way you've pointed out so many things that we'd find to make an excuse before we've even left the house.
    Whenever you feel like you can't do it, read this.
  • DERBS21
    DERBS21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What a Great comeback...Great Story
  • changeitall
    Options
    I loved reading this...we all get weak and I am so happy you were able to reflect and find the inspiration needed to continue. Hopefully you'll continue to write and maybe publish....great read...keep up the good work.
  • gkershner
    Options
    Thank you for the wonderful post. I can always find an excuse and this was a great motivator.
  • Sbkoontz
    Options
    This literally had me laughing so hard, my boyfriend stopped playing video games for me to read it out loud to him. Wonderfully written and very inspiring. Great reminder to celebrate our victories, no matter how small we (or the rest of the world) think they are! Thank you!
  • UZBGIRL
    UZBGIRL Posts: 35
    Options
    Great story! Inspiring!
  • laurie571
    laurie571 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    fantastic story, well written.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I feel really sorry...for all those people that saw all those words and no pictures and decided to checkout a different thread instead of reading this. Not only did you do an amazing job of overcoming your 317 but you related it to us in an fantastic and entertaining way! Awesome!
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I feel really sorry...for all those people that saw all those words and no pictures and decided to checkout a different thread instead of reading this. Not only did you do an amazing job of overcoming your 317 but you related it to us in an fantastic and entertaining way! Awesome!

Ditto! Well written and a truly entertaining post. This should be required reading for all MFP newbies, because I'm sure we've all struggled with that same situation. I know I have. With that mindset, you'll conquer whatever goal you set. And congratulations on the 20 pounds!
  • Angiehankins77
    Options
    Thats a very inspiring speech, keep it going, i needed that!
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Great story- great writer!
    Love how I can feel the pull to NOT do it.. We all know that feeling..
    I get so inspired when people DO IT - and you fought HARD to make it happen in spite of the demons- Way to go.
    Be proud, be strong! Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!