Unhealthy

Options
ive done good for about a a week or two and today I did good all day but went out to dinner and still dint go
Over but dessert came and I had a slice a reeses cheesecake
From the cheesecake factory I feel like complete crap
And don't know what to do I feel like not eating any more

Replies

• omgdinosaurs
    Options
    Relax! The cheesecake factory is pretty irresistible in my eyes, so I see nothing unavoidable there. You can't never allow yourself to enjoy the things you love or you're just going to be miserable for the rest of your journey and/or life! Everything is moderation, I'm sure you've heard it plenty, really is key.
    So instead of feeling like you never want to eat again, pick yourself back up and get on the horse again tomorrow morning! I bet you'll find nothing detrimental even came from eating the wicked awesome cheesecake. Good luck!
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you ate that cheesecake. You're an 18 year old male at roughly 1000 cals a day. That's pretty low.

Um, unless there's something I'm missing here. Are there some elements to this I don't understand? From what I see you're eating too little, perhaps don't understand why it's so important to eat enough and feel guilty about your treat.

The not wanting to eat anymore part is throwing me off though. Is there more at play here than a piece of cheesecake?
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    cheesecake is irresistible. It's the devils desert I tell you. No mere mortal can resists the temptation. Especially if it came from the cheesecake factory.

It's OK man, we promise. If you're eating an entire cake every day then we may have to hold an intervention. With forks. Wasting cheesecake is not allowed.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    It's one meal out of thousands that you will consume over the coming months, it's doesn't matter. Weight loss is not about 1 meal, 1 day or even 1 week, what matters is consistency over months and years.

Plus cheesecake is like crack cocaine!!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    its okay!!! its not bad.. its one dumb piece of bomb pie.. and listen u did good for a week and another week and all day today! so one dessert indulgence... dont analyze it to death!!!..you hafta have random indulgences or you wont last on this low cal mfp gig... wake up tomorrow..and you will be back on track.. and exercise n all of it.. dont let 2wks and a day of good loose over one piece of pie
  • mccbabe1
    Options
    It's one meal out of thousands that you will consume over the coming months, it's doesn't matter. Weight loss is not about 1 meal, 1 day or even 1 week, what matters is consistency over months and years.

bump
  • mccbabe1
    Options
    I'm glad you ate that cheesecake. You're an 18 year old male at roughly 1000 cals a day. That's pretty low.

Um, unless there's something I'm missing here. Are there some elements to this I don't understand? From what I see you're eating too little, perhaps don't understand why it's so important to eat enough and feel guilty about your treat.

The not wanting to eat anymore part is throwing me off though. Is there more at play here than a piece of cheesecake?

bump.... yeah whats up with 1000 cals a day? i thought under 1200 was way unhealthy even? u need to grub more
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Where do people see 1000? I see 1760 calories as his goal. Anyways, don't feel guilty about eating out. It happens and it doesn't ruin your effort at all. To be honest, if you feel guilty about one meal, that's more unhealthy because you shouldn't be feeling that way. Relax, and just go back to normal. Starving won't solve anything and going down that track is even more unhealthy. Trust me, I've gone down that road and it's so hard to go back up
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    :devil: 1,330 cals per slice? There has to be an error! That is way too much for a slice of cake :sick: ....

Anyhow, tomorrow is a new day :) We HAVE to indulge every once in a while. There are no perfect days in this journey, we must stumble a some times to learn.
  • RainHoward
    Options
    :devil: 1,330 cals per slice? There has to be an error! That is way too much for a slice of cake :sick: ....

Anyhow, tomorrow is a new day :) We HAVE to indulge every once in a while. There are no perfect days in this journey, we must stumble a some times to learn.

Nope, no error, I triple checked multiple sources. That's a 1330 calorie mouth gasm.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Nope, no error, I triple checked multiple sources. That's a 1330 calorie mouth gasm.

Go back and check again! IT's a total error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A slice is less than 500 calories!!!!

Cheesecake Factory - Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake, 1 Slice (51g)

Cheesecake Factory - Reese Peanut Butter Cheesecake, 1 slice

Cheesecake Factory - Reeses Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake, 1 slice

These are 3 entries in the database for MFP
    I went to the cheesecake factory website but eipc failure finding their nutrition info
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options

for 1330, it better light my cigarette afterwards too. :laugh:
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Get up, dust yourself off and start over tomorrow. We've all had a bad day. It's how you choose to deal with the bad day that shows how strong you really can be.

BTW, I went over by about the same as you yesterday. Today, I worked out twice as hard. YOu can do it.
  • RainHoward
    Options

Go back and check again! IT's a total error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A slice is less than 500 calories!!!!

Cheesecake Factory - Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake, 1 Slice (51g)

Cheesecake Factory - Reese Peanut Butter Cheesecake, 1 slice

Cheesecake Factory - Reeses Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake, 1 slice

These are 3 entries in the database for MFP
    I went to the cheesecake factory website but eipc failure finding their nutrition info

http://www.cheesecakefactorynutrition.com/restaurant-nutrition-chart.php?
    lists every item they sell.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

No, it's better (not that I've ever tried crack........)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Ate like crap? Read this: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/08/16/get-over-it/

:bigsmile:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Where do people see 1000? I see 1760 calories as his goal.

That might be his goal, but he rarely meets it. As in, maybe once in a week or two. As an 18 year old male, there is NO reason he should be eating that low.