How was your 1st month?

Options
I've recently finished my first month with myfitnesspal and have lost 10 lbs. I just wanted to see how others were doing and see if this is a good start or am I behind? I try to walk 30 minutes 5 days a week and also throw in some cardio video's here and there. My goal is another 65 lbs and I just am getting so discouraged!

Replies

• myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    10lbs is a GREAT amount of weight to lose in a month. thats pretty much 2+lbs lost per week, great job!
  • Hyzaarc
    Hyzaarc Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I lost 12lbs my first month. I have pics logging how I've progressed besides numbers on a scale.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I lost 5-6 pounds first month.
  • Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great Job, that's a big start.
  • KayceRN
    KayceRN Posts: 40
    Options
    I think any weight loss is good... Every pound is one pound closer to a healthier you! I've only been on mine for 16 days but I've lost 6 lbs so far.
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    10lbs in one month would be awesome! I've not finished my first month yet & I'd be beyond thrilled with a 10lb loss. :) Good job on the loss!
  • KrisThomas1964
    Options
    I'm only 17 days at this 16lbs down already with 10 days to go for the full month. :)
  • lihuejan
    Options
    I'm only 2 weeks in and lost 5 lbs, so I think you are right on track
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I lost about 12-13 pounds the first month, was pretty nice but it has slowed down to 10lbs a month now. Which is still pretty nice lol.
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wow I guess yesterday was my week 4 so a month... I've lost.. 2.5 pounds.
    needless to say, I'm disappointed.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I've lost 6 kgs since I started (35 days today), I didn't lose this week but I didn't gain either and I've lost a cm or 2 here and there. I'm wouldn't say I've been exercising. I have started to play squash once a week and I do my regular walking as part of life (to and from bus stops for commute, groceries etc) which adds up to about 30-45 minutes per day.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Every person is different. Asking others what they've lost can give you perspective, but do not automatically compare yourself to others. Pace of weight loss is affected by SO many things. Age, how much weight needs to be lost, muscle mass %, gender, diet, etc., all affect that pace.

Overall, 10 lbs in a month is good...for anyone. If someone needs to lose 25 lbs or so, 10 lbs, is AMAZING. If a person has to lose over 100 lbs, that's GREAT.

You are doing a great job. Do not feel disappointed. Think back...if you had not decided to make changes in your life, you'd be 10 lbs (or more) heavier than you are today.

Keep at it!
  • desirae1976
    desirae1976 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just read this awesome blog from a fellow MFP member. Puts this all into perspective.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/sheepcat/view/paper-towel-theory-408974
  • luvinmine
    luvinmine Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    First I want to say congrats to everyone on every single pound they have lost! As for me....15 lbs lost my first month :happy: YAY ME!!! Looking forward to another good month!
  • SanDFit
    SanDFit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    10 lbs is great!! Dont be discouraged. The first month I didnt lose ANY weight. I wasn't eating right so that was my own fault. If you think of it as a lifestyle change and take each day as it comes before you know it you will reach your goal.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    I don't understand being discouraged with 10lbs in a month. I'm at 8lbs down in a month and I am thrilled with averaging 2lbs a week.
  • Megz0405
    Megz0405 Posts: 38
    Options
    Your doing great, 10 lbs!! I hope I have the same results as you!! Im going on almost 2 weeks & its been hard!! I work full time & have 2 kids & to come home to work out is a challenge. Not only that but the dieting is really hard for me as well. Im just trying my best to stay focus & your doing great too so don't give up!! You got this!! Thats what I keep telling myself!!! (;
  • kmhallett
    kmhallett Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Me too...My first month I walked everyday for an hour and ate so good! I also did other workouts every few days...I only lost like 4 the whole month. I was so discouraged I have given up for a cpl of weeks. Hoping to start again Tomorrow..
    So I guess 10 lbs is amazing!
  • wrensong27
    wrensong27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 weeks in and have lost 5.4 lbs. You are doing great. Don't get discouraged. Keep up the good work
  • denmark979
    denmark979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i was a bust. i'm not going to kid. at first i was working my butt off and lost weight so quick. but from overtraining, my body said heck no. then i couldn't do the same exercises that caused me to lose so quick. then the weight crept back on. i started all over with a different approach. new exercises and new diet mentality. good luck to the others.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!