Opinions on how much more weight I should lose *PICS*

Options

Replies

• Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing Chalean but after that, what do you plan to do? If you like videos, P90X would be food but there are also other options or home workouts such as the New Rules of Lifting for Women (it is a book)

You also might want to mix things up and add in more traditional lifting day at home.
  • floridaboater
    floridaboater Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You look great and should be proud of your success! I am 5'5" and weigh 120lbs. I lost 5 lbs using MFP. I am similar to you in that I still feel "heavy" and I know it's ridiculous. I am now focused on maintaining this weight by tracking and using this community for motivation and toning. I don't go to the gym and just do push ups, sit ups, light weights etc. and I feel good (I am 45). So please don't stress and do what you enjoy and what makes you happy...and continue rocking the bikini!!
  • asticoral
    Options
    It was the way the picture looked <the shadow line> don't worry about it, REALLY

How long have you been doing your current exercise routine?
    I'd suggest some dancing <Zumba> or Diamond Dallas yoga workouts, or swimming to get toned and firmed. Personally, I think 123-125 lbs would be a better fit for your frame, which rather resembles mine, I've got cushion in the same areas :D but its getting better
    I don't do any weight lifting like you do ...... thats awesome in itself .... you are so close, just need a little bit of tweaking to be fantastic! keep up the great job!
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Your routine is a bit of a mess, how can you possibly track progress with so many different exercises?

You would better off sticking to the basics.

Deadlift
    Squat
    Bench
    Overhead press
    Rows
    Chin ups/dips

Record every session in a notepad and try to increase weight/reps each week.

I agree. Heavy deadlifts are going to do more for your body, in particular, than anything. The cascade of positive hormones that come from that single exercise equal all others combined.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I think that your heigh/weight is great! I also think that when your skin catches up to your weight loss, you will be much happier with your body. Sometimes that takes a little time. I absolutely agree with lifting heavy! I think at this point you would be able to work your way slowly up to your maintanence calories and hit the exercise a little harder. I think that loosing the pounds is the "easy" part and getting the shape that you want is the hard part. Congrats on your weight loss you look fantastic!!
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Weight lift. fill in and tighten the skin!
  • xtrasmallone
    xtrasmallone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic and wouldn't encourage you to lose more weight. I agree with all the posts that you will likely be happier with how you look if you do some weight and core training. This will likely keep you around the same weight, but your body comp will be better (higher muscle to fat), and your shape will change in a positive way.

Certainly exercise classes like Zumba or Pilates will help as well.

This will take some time - it is not a2 week process - but is certainly worth it.

To sum it up - focus on fitness now.

PS: If you do weight train, get some more protein in after workouts to help with muscle building and recovery.

Fantastic job on your weight loss!:smile:
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you should eat but you said you only lost 1% bodyfat last month and that is NORMAL. I am much heavier than you and I only lose 1-1.5% body fat in a month. Started out at 33% and was at 31% when I checked mid July. Haven't checked again since then but yeah. I will probably be at my goal weight way before I reach my body fat % goal.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    From your pixs you don't look "fat" but more like "skinny -fat" meaning that you don't look toned. Your weight is fine for your height , but you need to gain muscle and not to loose more weigh. Take a look at the Stronglifts 5X5 program - there is a group here on MFP. It is much less complicated that the program you are currently following and incorporates all the lifts that others have recommended you keep in your routine. It works you up from a beginning weight for each lift and gets you up heavy in a pace that helps to prevent injury.

Also go back and look at this post and reevaluate your BMR and TDEE at your current stats. Use the activity level that reflects your current activity level. You will probably need to decrease your deficit - the % cut from TDEE - that you are using if you want to increase your muscle mass. Don't worry as a female you will not look like a juice head unless you are doing roids! Make sure you protein intake is at least 1 gm per pound of lean body mass.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

You can get the look you want - your weight is good - now get the muscles you need to get the shape you want.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Commenting because everyone is talking routine and no one is talking diet. In order to PUT ON muscle, which you will need to do to get the toned look I think you want, you actually need to eat at a bit of a surplus. Eat at your TDEE for a week or so, then bump up a bit, maybe 200 cals, high protein. You may have to rotate between doing that for a bit and then eating at a small deficit for a bit to burn fat. It's just really hard/possibly not even possible to build muscle and burn fat simultaneously, as one requires excess calories and the other requires a deficit.
  • dthornton34
    dthornton34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing and you look great at this point. Just keep on doing what you are doing. It will come. I get he sense you want to go back to the old ways or at least eat more. Overeating will then creep right back and so will your body. Leading the healthy life as you are doing seems more inviting.
  • J3timez
    J3timez Posts: 35
    Options
    my opinion, ur weight ideal, just eat well and exercise and youll see the results u want.

^^^THIS
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Look Good! Just focus on weights:-) Good Job!!
  • PrincessMiriamele
    PrincessMiriamele Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You have a body that the vast majority of the population would envy! You dont need to lose more weight at all (at all!).

I think it might be good for you to focus on something else for a bit to get some perspective (because it's clearly skewed as you have no idea how great you look!!).

Change your bikini style - that's the only thing that is wrong with your picture. You'll feel ten times better - try a few different ones on and take some pics!
  • lisamerrison
    lisamerrison Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Shorty...you look soo good. So many women would give anything to look like that. I understand that nothing we say matters because it all comes back to HOW YOU FEEL. I agree with many...just tone up what you've got Lil One.

I would give many things to come even close to the shape you have...the weight you've lost.

Please dont be so hard on yourself Lil One
    [/quote

Me too, would kill to look as healthy as you. I have been told running and swimming are great for toning and getting lean. If you watched the biggest loser this year, one of the girls on there (can't remember her name) lost her fat through diet and running, just running.
    I have a long way to go before I lose all the weight I need to lose ( I have just started again, probably for at least the 40th time lol) but I am starting to try and run now so I can keep it up when I need to tone
  • luvinmine
    luvinmine Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree here..tone and sculpt is all your body needs. Have you tried P90x your body would get great results from that program! Turbo fire is another good one!
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Focus more on body composition and ignore the scale. Weight becomes irrelevant at a certain leanness.

I agree 100% with this. You need to work on recomping and less on scale weight. Nobody can tell you what you should weigh or how much more weight is going to get you where you want to be visually.
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    You look fine now. If you have concrete goals then you can set a path towards them. Wanna look like a gymnast being strong all over? work on strength. Wanna look like a marathon runner ? do long sessions of cardio.
    Also think beyond just looks, what athletic skills do you wish to acquire. You can be a biker, a runner, a swimmer, a weightlifter, a dancer, a climber, a sprinter, the list is endless.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I never like it when people do insanely long phases of dieting - they just get less and less results, waste their time and depress their metabolic capabilities further. Your body isn't meant to endure a perpetual diet that goes on forever. Going between a 12 week leaning down period to a two week maintenance to a few weeks surplus works best because it maximizes fat utilization and lean muscle gain while minimizing excess body fat.

Although I recommend women to be leaner before they eat at a surplus to gain muscle mass, I think you dieted for long enough and should start slowly upping towards maintenance. Keep in mind that your resting metabolic rate has likely decreased, and formulas are known to sometimes overestimate your caloric needs, so emphasize upping slowly. Additionally, when you do arrive at or near your present maintenance range, do expect gains in temporary water weight and not freak out - its normal and will go away.

After maintaining maintenance for a few weeks, slowly increase to 5% and then 10% surplus. Women can likely gain 1 lb of true muscle per month; however, we all have no limit to how much fat we can gain. This is why, especially at your body fat percentage you should aim for a small surplus and monitor your body fat as you progress because a fair ratio is 1:1 or 1 lb of muscle gain to 1 lb of fat gain. End your surplus phase once your body fat percentage reaches 32 or 33% and then slowly go back to maintenance before doing another 12 week leaning period
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I think you really don't need to lose anymore. Just do more resistance training :)

^^This. If you weight train (body weight or with actual weights) even just twice a week, you'll notice a big difference.