Certified Trainer Here: Here to Help!

Options
Hello all! I recently had a nice thread in the introduce yourself section which has been locked; so now I decided to start it again.

Basically; I'm a CPT and Head Trainer at a local gym here in South Jersey. My 250+clients are losing an average of 6 lbs per week! And those who are already in shape are shaping their body even more through my practices and techniques.

I know there's a lot of bullsht out there as well as trolls claiming to be this and that. I am just here to help.

Being overweight through my whole childhood has opened my eyes to so many things that I want to help those who were also in my position to believe and achieve whatever goal/body they want. Nothing makes me feel more accomplished than helping this world, that has obesity rates through the roof, become a healthier and happier place.

So if anyone has any questions regarding fitness plans, diet, exercise; etc. Shoot me a private message or shoot me a message here. Regardless I will do my best to answer your questions in a timely fashion.

Much Love
Justin

Replies

• worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the offer! What a kind and generous thing to do!! I will be sending you a message now..... ;-)
  • karynhe
    karynhe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's so cool! Thanks for your altruism.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Score! Wow- thanks for helping out on these forums! Message coming your way --:flowerforyou:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I just messaged you - thankyou! :)
  • jayadams86
    Options
    Will reply to messages as quickly as I can. Can post them in this thread as well!
  • mnlght535
    Options
    That's awesome thanks for your generosity :) I'll be making up my list of questions and sending them your way lol :)
  • MartinaC32
    MartinaC32 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Is 6lbs a week really healthy?

I often wonder how those people on Biggest Loser maintain their weight after going home. There is no way I have 4+ hours a day to spend in a gym exercising hard core. I don't think I would even if I did. It's not something I want to do for the rest of my life.

Just keeping it honest.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Interesting...I PMed a question to you last time you offered your services and you never responded.
  • misslegz
    misslegz Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Need some suggestions on toning the lost abs. I have had 2 kids both by c section. Really working on getting a toned stomach and having a six pack would be awesome but not sure if that is in the cards. I have been walking and started running and doing some weight lifting and crunches. I see a difference but I want to see that lose skin tighten up.

What do you suggest?

12309460.png
  • kristyluvshuskies
    Options
    I would love to know how people are losing on average 6 pounds a week.
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hey Jayadams!

That's awesome that you managed to get in the shape of your life and in the process, influence and help others in reaching their goals!! I have a question for you...I started the P90X program this week and today I'm supposed to do Yoga...the thing is...I have a hard time lifting my water glass cause I'm sore all over from my previous workouts! lol So I was thinking of waiting till tomorrow to do it but do you think I should try and do what I can today? thanks for your help and have a nice day :)
  • mdorsey2010
    Options
    Hi Jay!

If my BMR is 1501 and my TDEE is 2326 with a 20% cut, thats 1861. Is that how many calories I should be eating everyday regardless if I work out or not. I go to the gym atleast 5 days a week (usually 6) and burn about 500- 575 calories each time. I currently weigh 158 and trying to get another 10 pounds off but its been pretty tough. I'm starting Insanity on Monday after being in the gym for 2 months straight with a lot of cardio and some weights - hoping for some great results (and praying I can HANG! :laugh: )

Can you confirm my calculations are correct?

Thanks so much!!!
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    How many times a week do you recommend doing weight/resistance training vs. cardio?
  • CrazyMidget611
    CrazyMidget611 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This is more for my husband. He is 6'1 and weight 190, so not really overweight - but he carries ALL his weight in his belly. Two years ago he had back surgery, so he really needs to stretch his back out and strengthen his stomach muscles...but every time he starts to work out, he loses weight everywhere EXCEPT his stomach. Thoughts?
  • jayadams86
    Options
    Is 6lbs a week really healthy?

I often wonder how those people on Biggest Loser maintain their weight after going home. There is no way I have 4+ hours a day to spend in a gym exercising hard core. I don't think I would even if I did. It's not something I want to do for the rest of my life.

Just keeping it honest.

6lbs a week is healthy for an extremely overweight individual. The 6 lbs is usually in the first week as its mostly water weight. After that it subsides to healthy levels of 2-4 lbs per week. That is when my clients learn to maintain their weight.
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm in my late 40's and unable to lose any weight other than the same 4 pounds over and over. I am beyond frustrated. Any suggestions for the middle ages? I only need to drop about 15 pounds - but would be happy with 10.

I have tried eating less, eating more, working out with cardio, working out with weights, and working out with both. I have had my thyroid checked (was hypo but now take synthroid and have it under control).

Thanks for your help in advance.
  • jayadams86
    Options
    Interesting...I PMed a question to you last time you offered your services and you never responded.

Apologies. Receive a abundant amount of questions. Send it again and I'll be sure to answer it!
  • jayadams86
    Options
    Need some suggestions on toning the lost abs. I have had 2 kids both by c section. Really working on getting a toned stomach and having a six pack would be awesome but not sure if that is in the cards. I have been walking and started running and doing some weight lifting and crunches. I see a difference but I want to see that lose skin tighten up.

What do you suggest?

12309460.png

Its going to take time. Results come with consistency. Ollie a good fitness program, and a healthy eating plan and you will see results. Always do something challenging. The body always wants to adapt. Don't let it :)
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    2-4 pounds is still double the safe amount of weight to lose. I don't normally respond to something that is clearly a scam, but taking advantage of people like this is ridiculously irresponsible.
  • jayadams86
    Options
    I would love to know how people are losing on average 6 pounds a week.

Eat nutritious foods on a consistent basis, meaning foods from their natural source. High intensity weightlifting 3 times a week and cardio 2 times a week. And dedication every single day. Be amazed how easy results come if you put your mind to it.