Certified Trainer Here: Here to Help!

Options

Replies

• BarbACona
    Options
    Hi I have to leave for an appointment in a few mins. so I added you to my favorite column. I will message you ASAP about a few things. Thanks so much :) so kind of you!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    2-4 pounds is still double the safe amount of weight to lose. I don't normally respond to something that is clearly a scam, but taking advantage of people like this is ridiculously irresponsible.

Absolutely agree, this is the equivalent to a doctor on the Internet saying " trust me and following my medical advice" with absolutely no way to verify any of the credentials. Downright dangerous.
  • moureenschroeder
    moureenschroeder Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been working out these last 5 weeks (walking, biking, sit-ups, jumping jack and stretching) and am a 44 yr.old female . I have lost 14 lbs everywhere but my mid-section. Please help with exercises that will help this area out.
  • jayadams86
    Options
    2-4 pounds is still double the safe amount of weight to lose. I don't normally respond to something that is clearly a scam, but taking advantage of people like this is ridiculously irresponsible.

2 lbs per week is definitely a healthy range to be losing weight especially for a morbidly obese person.
  • jayadams86
    Options
    Hey Jayadams!

That's awesome that you managed to get in the shape of your life and in the process, influence and help others in reaching their goals!! I have a question for you...I started the P90X program this week and today I'm supposed to do Yoga...the thing is...I have a hard time lifting my water glass cause I'm sore all over from my previous workouts! lol So I was thinking of waiting till tomorrow to do it but do you think I should try and do what I can today? thanks for your help and have a nice day :)

Rest days are adequate to recover your body as well as your central nervous system. If your body tells you to take a break; take a break!
  • jayadams86
    Options
    6lbs a week is not a healthy goal. i'm guess there is a reason your last thread got locked.

You're a crook! You're a cheat and a swindler! - granpa Joe

Lol. They don't lose 6 pounds every single week. They lose it the first week. WATER WEIGHT. Your weight can fluctuate 5lbs a day just from water weight.
  • jayadams86
    Options
    This is more for my husband. He is 6'1 and weight 190, so not really overweight - but he carries ALL his weight in his belly. Two years ago he had back surgery, so he really needs to stretch his back out and strengthen his stomach muscles...but every time he starts to work out, he loses weight everywhere EXCEPT his stomach. Thoughts?

Unfortunately the stomach is the last place weight comes off of most people.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    6lbs a week is not a healthy goal. i'm guess there is a reason your last thread got locked.

Lol. They don't lose 6 pounds every single week. They lose it the first week. WATER WEIGHT. Your weight can fluctuate 5lbs a day just from water weight.

Actually you say your clients lose an average of 6lbs a week for 250+clients....doesn't sound like that's "WATER WEIGHT" in the first week..you stated it as the rolling average for all your clients...
  • jayadams86
    Options
    How many times a week do you recommend doing weight/resistance training vs. cardio?

Depends on the individual's experience level/capacity. Usually 3 times resistance and 1-2 cardio sessions a week. A more advanced individual 5 times a week resistance.
  • jayadams86
    Options

Actually you say your clients lose an average of 6lbs a week for 250+clients....doesn't sound like that's "WATER WEIGHT" in the first week..you stated it as the rolling average for all your clients...

Should of reworded properly. Some lose 6lbs a week. These are morbidly obese individuals(ones who have extreme amount of weight to give up) others lose the average of a pound to two pounds a week. Two is perfectly healthy. Natural Fitness models
    And physique competitors lose 1-2 lbs a week and are absolutely shredded and more muscular than anyone out there.
  • milissiaharriel
    Options
    Thank you for the gesture. I could use some great advice from an expert!!! : )
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Interesting...I PMed a question to you last time you offered your services and you never responded.

Apologies. Receive a abundant amount of questions. Send it again and I'll be sure to answer it!

This was my question:

I saw your forum post about the offer to help. I'm trying to get a six-pack (or something close) for Christmas. You know, like a little present to myself. How do I get there?

I'm currently training for a half marathon, so I lift and do abs 3x/week and I run (weather permitting) or do some other cardio and HIIT 4x/week. My diary is open so you can check out my food there. What changes should I make to get those abs?!

Thanks!

Aileen
  • jenichenny
    jenichenny Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Does it really matter? He's not trying to sell anything. Just offer advice to people who need it.
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    cool
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm wondering what type of exercises I can do! I've had 5 abdominal surgeries in the past 4 years (open from the belly button down) and I've dislocated my left shoulder twice in the past year and a half. I also have terrible lower back scoliosis. It seems like any sort of weight bearing exercises make my injuries hurt for AGES and I'm terrified of ripping my abdominal muscles apart.
  • jayadams86
    Options

Does it really matter? He's not trying to sell anything. Just offer advice to people who need it.

^^^^This. Thank you love! :)
  • MsAmulet
    MsAmulet Posts: 36
    Options
    Why cardio only 2x/wk? I have a program (trainer set up) to do strength 2-3 times per week (and I'm getting results!).. she scoffed a bit at the cardio I was doing because I often go 2x/day --- I live in a small town, the gym is a MAJOR social outlet, so the classes are kinda like my version of catching a movie with a friend. She did say it wouldn't help. However, on shows like biggest loser, they OFTEN say that cardio is the bread & butter of the program and they assign them homework of 90 mins or so cardio alone and then a trainer workout.

I am very focused on losing 17lbs (to get to 199) and then okay with more of a slow & steady approach, but that 200mark has been a major barrier for ages.

I'm eating a paleo diet (mostly low carb) and tracking calories with a FitBit. The FB calculations seem to be right on for me for weight loss.
  • skinny_cigarettes
    Options
    i'd just like to point out that when i started dieting and getting back on track, i was very obese and i easily lost 10lbs in the first weeks and about 7-8 in the second, i wasn't doing anything ridiculous to cut back at all, so 6lbs in a week for the first few really isn't that bad.

also isn't it kind of unfair to pick on someone that's just offering their help to someone, and giving good advice at that? it's not like he's telling people they should be eating 500 calories and exercising off twice that amount or anything...
  • freaky4frogs
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with Aortic valve stenosis and am trying to loosed weight for the surgery to be more successful. The only exercise I am supposed to do is a casual walk 2 times a day. Is there some other exercise like light weight lifting that would help me? I am not supposed to do any cardio that would raise my heart beat. Thanx in advance