Green Tea...does it help in losing?

Options
We have all read that green tea helps in weight loss. Anyone have any facts and personal experience?

Replies

• lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Other than it tastes good.... I don't think it really does anything significant
  • MizzTatiana
    MizzTatiana Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Well I'm a regular coffee drinker. (about 1.5 cups a day, about 4 times a week) And I like my coffee light and sweet... Which means FAT AND FATTER. I very recently swore off coffee for a week in place of green tea. Hmmm... about a pound lost. But really I would suggest green tea for ALL of the AMAZING health benefits. After the week of replacement, I didn't gain the pound back, but I drink less coffee and more tea than I did before.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    It gives me more energy to power through my workouts, so yes.
  • AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I think over time maybe? I have discovered Teavana recently. I disliked green tea a lot before I realized I was screwing it up . It needs a certain temp of water and a certain brew time to keep it from being bitter. I really like the Matcha tea. it is the whole green leaf, finely ground, so you are getting 100% of the benefit, instead of about 15% per cup. It is THICK though. I love making matcha latte, or iced sweet matcha. Check out youtube for nice Teavana info. It is kinda $ so it is my daily treat. WHO KNEW. lol.. If we are talking tea types for weight loss, I have actually had nice calm diuretic effects, and good digestion changes since incorporating loose Oolong tea, more so than green. I love bigelow Oolong, and that is readily available at the local grocer. .
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    I used to drink 10-15 cups of coffee a day, each with full cream milk and two heaped teaspoons of sugar. It had to have been over 1000 calories a day of coffee I don't know I wasn't using MFP then.

Green tea on the other hand contains negligible calories.
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I love it, if nothing it cuts out drinking milk for me. I love tea!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    The quantity of green tea you would have to consume to reap weight loss benefits is insane. enjoy the tea, as a drink. :)
  • arenkel
    arenkel Posts: 77
    Options
    I think over time maybe? I have discovered Teavana recently. I disliked green tea a lot before I realized I was screwing it up . It needs a certain temp of water and a certain brew time to keep it from being bitter. I really like the Matcha tea. it is the whole green leaf, finely ground, so you are getting 100% of the benefit, instead of about 15% per cup. It is THICK though. I love making matcha latte, or iced sweet matcha. Check out youtube for nice Teavana info. It is kinda $ so it is my daily treat. WHO KNEW. lol.. If we are talking tea types for weight loss, I have actually had nice calm diuretic effects, and good digestion changes since incorporating loose Oolong tea, more so than green. I love bigelow Oolong, and that is readily available at the local grocer. .

Try Adagio Teas instead of Teavana. I don't drink Matcha, but I do love loose-leaf green teas. Adagio is waaaaay cheaper, and still quite tasty, in my opinion. Plus, for a lot of the teas they have a little "meet the grower" article, which is neat.
  • torrmairi
    torrmairi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I kind of think the amazing weight loss claims are a Western fad - they always point to the Chinese and Japanese, but I was raised in a Chinese household and we rarely drank it. I do love green tea though, and it feels 'healthier' than black coffee. I get less jittery and have better skin when I drink tea instead of coffee, which I put down to the lower caffeine content.