Abs after children?

Options
Hi all! Okay, I have a question. How hard is it to gt those great abs at 43 and having had children? The extra weight is gone,

Replies

• AmyB69
    AmyB69 Posts: 117
    Options
    Bump
  • jjefferies7
    Options
    the only reasons you wouldnt be able to see abs are either your bf% is to high or your abs are underdeveloped
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    try some turbo workouts :) they focus on the core and tightening abs. You CAN do it! IT will be more work than before the kids, just like losing weight is harder now than in my early 20s (why didn't I realize that then?) but so doable! Lift some weights and find a workout you love! I love turbokick, and zumba, but mainly turbo. Try turbofire with youtube :) Love finding workout moves there!
  • AmandaLAcosta
    Options
    It took me about 6 months I was c section but it depends on how often you workout and your bf%
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I got mine through cardio, some ab work, plenty of protein, and staying close to or under a very mild weight loss calorie goal. I run and box and chase after my 5 and 7 year old girls. I don't exercise much, but when i do, I push to exhaustion, and am constantly moving.
  • AmyB69
    Options
    So, it's possible! Yay! I'm working my butt off. My weight is just right. I've started lifting more. I've noticed a difference the last couple of weeks. I still do a load of cardio everyday, I actually love cardio! But, I am trying to do more weights than before.
  • getto123
    Options
    Abs are 80% diet, 20% working out. Eat clean and you will do great :)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 kids. Having your abs show is all about reducing your body fat %. Yes, I still have some extra skin on my lower abs, but I have a 6 pack :)
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    So, it's possible! Yay! I'm working my butt off. My weight is just right. I've started lifting more. I've noticed a difference the last couple of weeks. I still do a load of cardio everyday, I actually love cardio! But, I am trying to do more weights than before.

Same here! (kind of... I'm 34) I've gotten the weight off and am working towards the rock hard abs. Even though i've had 3 kids, I totally think I can achieve it.

You should try Jamie Eason's LiveFit program. I think you'd do well on it and really like the results. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-introduction.html
  • AmyB69
    Options
    Thanks, Wendy, I'm going to check into it!
  • wnt2beme
    wnt2beme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been told that the new momma wants her body back is great,I just purchased mine today and cant wait to try it because I want my abs and stomach back.
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am 35 today, 3 kids and great abs. You CAN have abs after kids!
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Those of you with abs you are happy with, did you gain a lot during pregnancy? I went from 120 to 165 with both pregnancies, and I am getting worried that I'll have some loose skin no matter what now. Youngest is two years old, and I'm down to 115 yet I can still grab a handful of stomach on both sides.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump for help
  • jawheb
    Options
    Those of you with abs you are happy with, did you gain a lot during pregnancy? I went from 120 to 165 with both pregnancies, and I am getting worried that I'll have some loose skin no matter what now. Youngest is two years old, and I'm down to 115 yet I can still grab a handful of stomach on both sides.
    My biggest baby was over 10 lbs. My highest weight during pregnancy was 170
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that gives me hope!
  • Percyjs
    Percyjs Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    this gives me hope!
    I've had a few abdominal surgeries, including c-sections and I've been working on it. someone told me once that it may not be possible for me because one of my scars is vertical from my navel down...and that may change the way my muscles develop....but i dont know about that..... I'm thinner and leaner everywhere else. I guess if it's possible, I'll get it. I've done insanity twice and i just started asylum today.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm 32, have had 3 children and have "abs" (but not a 6 pack, just some visible definition). I have large muscles (from compound weight lifting and eating above maintenance) and I carry my excess fat in my legs not my stomach.
  • jawheb
    Options
    this gives me hope!
    I've had a few abdominal surgeries, including c-sections and I've been working on it. someone told me once that it may not be possible for me because one of my scars is vertical from my navel down...and that may change the way my muscles develop....but i dont know about that..... I'm thinner and leaner everywhere else. I guess if it's possible, I'll get it. I've done insanity twice and i just started asylum today.
    Dont want to give false hope. I had all my children naturally. No surgeries ever. But I'm sure you can still look amazing!
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have done cardio like crazy. My belly is not tight though. I don't even care about definition if I could just get a tight stomach. I am 119.6 pounds and am 5.4" this is the least I have weighed since I was 19 and I am 32 now after 2 kids and I am 8 months post partum.

What excerises can I do to get the tight stomach?