Trying to build a bigger support network on here

Options
2»

Replies

• TCMKPBNI
    Options
    I just started on here today so feel free to add me as well.
  • TCMKPBNI
    Options
    I just started on here today so feel free to add me as well.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I been logging daily for a while, don't plan on stopping any time soon!
  • AiimeeDee
    AiimeeDee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You said the right words...support and spin instructor!!! LOL. request sent! :)
  • c_porcayo
    Options
    I'll add you! I started mfp back in Dec. 2011 , I left for a bit, but now I am back an determined to stick to MFP to be healthy!
  • AmyB69
    AmyB69 Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi Cortney! Feel free to add me.
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cortney. I've been logging on here for a little while now but most of my friends have stopped logging! I only had a few close friends on here to begin with, and now I'm the only one left who is still determined get healthy. I'd like to lose 20 lbs and 10% body fat. I am a spinning instructor and do boot camp work outs several days each week, but my main struggle is staying consistent with my eating habits so I've hovered around the same weight for awhile. I'm now looking to add more friends on here so that we can support each other, keep each other accountable, and maybe get some new ideas. Hope to meet more of you on here soon :)

Hi Cortney,

I swear I am not taking the piss, as I did my first spinning class at a spa the other week. So here's my question:

How do you do spinning without it being excruciating on your lady parts? I got bruises!!

T xx

Hahaha.... I am the same way. I love SPIN. But I am glad I am done having kids because I am pretty sure SPIN would destroy it all. Lol.

I am at goal, but now working on body fat percentage too. More strength training. So add me if you like.
  • ifus0609
    Options
    I'm new and can use the support. I need to lose about 60 lbs and just starting. I also have a triathlon in 9 weeks. I'm not sure how to add friends and stuff like that. So add me or whatever and it will also help me and I'll get the hang of this. The more support from everyone the better. Good luck.
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cortney. I've been logging on here for a little while now but most of my friends have stopped logging! I only had a few close friends on here to begin with, and now I'm the only one left who is still determined get healthy. I'd like to lose 20 lbs and 10% body fat. I am a spinning instructor and do boot camp work outs several days each week, but my main struggle is staying consistent with my eating habits so I've hovered around the same weight for awhile. I'm now looking to add more friends on here so that we can support each other, keep each other accountable, and maybe get some new ideas. Hope to meet more of you on here soon :)

Hi Cortney,

I swear I am not taking the piss, as I did my first spinning class at a spa the other week. So here's my question:

How do you do spinning without it being excruciating on your lady parts? I got bruises!!

T xx

Hahaha.... I am the same way. I love SPIN. But I am glad I am done having kids because I am pretty sure SPIN would destroy it all. Lol

:laugh: Yes, my friend (who had given birth, I haven't) had to stop after 10 minutes! It's a shame, as I do like the workout of SPIN strangely enough...I was thinking maybe some cushioned pants in the gusset region.
  • empot
    empot Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add, Im trying to build a support network too! Im getting into my homestretch and need to keep it up!
  • CortneyDub
    CortneyDub Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Haha yea it can be tough on your center region. My advice is 1) make sure you're set up properly on the bike (ask the instructor to help, it really does make a difference to have your hips and knees in the proper place) 2) use a gel seat cover if you want, I used one when I first started for awhile 3) accept it and eventually it'll go away/you won't notice it :) actually what typically happens is as you become stronger and more controlled while you do it you find that you're not bouncing around in the seat or plopping down onto it, so that takes a lot of heat off of the lady parts haha
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    A good pair of cycling shorts with a hefty pad is invaluable....