Bad Naseau In the Morning

Options
The last two days I have had absolute horrible naseau when I wake up in the morning. I not only feel like throwing up but it's painful as well. I don't know if I'm not eating the right foods or I'm not eating enough.

It happened this morning when I woke up and the morning before. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Replies

• MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same issue. Im on 1200a cals a day, wonder if its a lack of food?
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Open your diary. That will help people see if they spot anything and so they can make an informed opinion.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Could be low calories. Could you be pregnant?
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Exactly my thought. On TV, if a young woman gets sick, she's always pregnant. And if an old person coughs, they always die.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    When i went low carb i was sick and had headaches that would wake me up. try eating a little later or a little more :)
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this because I woke up in the middle of the night really nauseated a couple of days ago. It was gone by morning. And I'm definitely NOT pregnant.
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Try eating a high protein snack or drinking a glass of milk before bed. I often feel sick in the morning if I had an early dinner. Pregnancy also popped into my head but that's definitely not the only answer. Do you feel better once you eat?
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    your ither prego or dehidrated
  • bellavita0125
    bellavita0125 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i've had that feeling before

........when I was pregnant

EDITED: OOPS..just read the part where you said you're not pregnant.

EDITED AGAIN: DARN IT. that was someone else who says they're not pregnant. i need to read more thoroughly instead of scanning the page lol
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Exactly my thought. On TV, if a young woman gets sick, she's always pregnant. And if an old person coughs, they always die.

I thought the same thing. You made me chuckle quite heartily at this. :)
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    The last two days I have had absolute horrible naseau when I wake up in the morning. I not only feel like throwing up but it's painful as well. I don't know if I'm not eating the right foods or I'm not eating enough.

It happened this morning when I woke up and the morning before. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Pregnancy leapt to my mind too. Often the first sign that you are in "an interesting condition" - it's called "morning sickness".
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I get this, too sometimes.

Dizzy, shaky, faint, nauseous, fog headed, sweating, heavy breathing, cant even sit... I have to lye down and keep perfectly still when this happens.

I think it's because I'm eating too little. I'm trying to build muscle so I have to eat above my maintance level which is 1,620 calories a day but I haven't even been eating that much lately which is no good for the muscles and will probably promote more fat gain.

Going to ge eating more starting this Monday and really trying harder when working out with my strength, and little cardio.
  • laineeadair
    Options
    as a RN, I thought about pregnancy first as well. However, I'd be interested to see what your blood sugar is in the AM. If not prego, I'd go with the advice of a light snack before bed, absolutely. You are usually really good about overflowing your daily fluid needs so without checking your sugar, I'd be willing to bet you aren't eating enough cals to compensate your exercise or you need a nightly snack. A lot of people finish well under their caloric needs for the day, this isn't exactly a good thing. Your body WILL burn your muscle if you don't feed it properly AND it will store anything you give it because it's afraid you won't feed it again... we have smart bodies I tell ya! LOL
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Do you take vitamins? If you do take in the AM, move them back to lunch time. That was happening to me and that is what my Doctor recommended and has worked good for me.
  • WickedPixie1
    WickedPixie1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Apart from pregnancy or illness, the only times I ever get nauseous is if I don't eat enough and my blood sugar drops. I feel sick and have rapid onset migraines.
    You didn't say how many calories you were eating each day, or if you were waking up hungry.
  • sedentarygeek
    sedentarygeek Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't clarify earlier! I'm definitely not pregnant so it can't be morning sickness!