Anyone else start the 30 day shred August 5th?

Options

Replies

• jessejames3ball
    Options
    Anyone gone straight from 30DS to Insanity? I would like to, but guessing that will be a little too hard yet.
  • gdbadass
    gdbadass Posts: 60
    Options
    Day 5 went well for me. I am really glad I follow this up with Rodney Yee's "AM Yoga", because I need the centered, stabilizing effect of yoga after Jillian Michaels' boot camp approach. He's the "yin" to her "yang"!

It was easier today and yes, I *am* seeing results.
  • suzlesieur
    Options
    Just started it today. Loved it! How do I enter it in as exercise? what do u all do?
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    I was advised to use circuit training so that's what I have done.

As for the question about insanity ... I'm dreading level 2 and 3 so I'll let you know after that. Today was day 5 and it went just ok. I'm scared for the higher levels though and really am thinking I might do level 1 longer
  • gdbadass
    Options
    Just checking in...

Yesterday I felt ill so I took a break from all exercise. Felt okay this morning and completed Day Six. My arm is almost better and I just did what I could. The cardio is definitely getting easier.

If I get to the end of Day 10 and feel like Level Two would be more discouraging than worthwhile, I'll just keep going with Level One. I think it's better to keep doing it than get frustrated and down on myself if I'm not ready.

Hope all are doing well.
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    Just checking in...

Yesterday I felt ill so I took a break from all exercise. Felt okay this morning and completed Day Six. My arm is almost better and I just did what I could. The cardio is definitely getting easier.

If I get to the end of Day 10 and feel like Level Two would be more discouraging than worthwhile, I'll just keep going with Level One. I think it's better to keep doing it than get frustrated and down on myself if I'm not ready.

Hope all are doing well.

I've pretty much decided I'm doing that too. She says to do it at your own pace working through the levels! I might do all 30 days on level 1 but I will get to level 2 and 3 maybe it will be a 90 day shred for me
  • gdbadass
    Options
    Anyone still out there?

It's day 8 for me, and I guess I am getting stronger overall. I don't *dread* this DVD like I used to. I am still nursing injuries and listening to my body when things pop and squeak, but I get through Level One with a good sweat, without feeling ridiculously burnt out like I did at first.

As far as moving to Level wo one Wednesday, we'll see. I may be ready to try it, but I was warned that it is much harder than Level One (don't know if I needed the warning or not). No rush - I think as long as I do it and am rehabilitating myself, losing weight, not causing new injuries or exacerbating old ones, and progressing, it's probably good.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    Yeah I missed one day so I am day 9 today. My endurance is way better than it was to start but I still find some of the strength moves very challenging!!

I'm going to stick to level 1 until I'm ready. I tried a bit of level two last night and the first strength move made my elbow do some not so nice sound and I feel sore today in that elbow. I still he a really good sweat on with level 1.... Don't feel like I'm totally going to die anymore but it isn't easy either! I think I need to focus on getting better at some of the strength portions.
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    Level 2 starts for me today. Probably not quite ready for it, but going to try it anyway. We'll see how that goes.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I did Level 1 Day 7 lastnight and will be on Day 8 today. So far so good. I also struggle a bit with the squat presses..not at the beginning of it but close to the end. Also, the second round of cardio still wears me out (due to being fatigued from the pushups and presses) but I do it with a few sec. breaks when I need it. I will prolly move on to Level 2 as scheduled and just modify. That is what I did with The Butt Bible Workout and with time I did gain the strength and endurance needed. The way I look at it as long as you are doing something you are burning.
  • gdbadass
    Options
    Well, I did it. Day nine. Not sure where I am at with it all right now, just feel a sense of accomplishment for having done it at all.
  • ehhbebe
    ehhbebe Posts: 1
    Options
    I started 30 DS last Wednesday, so the 8th. I'm going to try to do 7-7-7 instead of the 30 days, but I'll have to see how that goes. I just finished level 1, and can do it without stopping but definitely build up a sweat. The scale has been discouraging even though I know it's early, I'm still hanging around 148. I'd like to get down to 143 by September. However, I do feel stronger. The first few days, my legs were burning, but today it's not bad at all. And I went from being able to do 10 girly pushups in a row to 20. Which is progress I suppose. I'm looking forward to starting level 2 tomorrow, and I think I might start incorporating some more cardio in the mornings to try and make the scale budge (I do the shred in the evening usually).

Good luck to everyone!
  • gdbadass
    Options
    Just finished Day 10 of Level One! Not sure if I want to move on to Level Two or not yet, will cross that bridge when I get to it.

I hope someday to find JM's 30 Day Shred has readied me for Insanity or P90X - one step at a time, though. I have a lot of rehabbing to do before I can do those jumping push-ups! I'm thinking long range...:)

Hope all are doing well, and feeling good about their progress.
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    I did it twice yesterday so figure I made up for the one missed day lol! Well today if counting that way was the 11th time (I think lol) but I'm not moving to level 2 yet I'm still getting a good sweat on and my muscles still hurt. May try level two on the weekend.
  • gdbadass
    Options
    Just did Day One of Level Two. The hardest part was that everything involved Plank Position, and I have a shoulder injury. SO I feel like I wasn't getting as much out of the whole level as I should have.

But I did it! Getting stronger, that's undeniable.
  • gdbadass
    Options
    Am I the only one here?

:laugh:
  • XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    I started on the 7th :) I'm actually getting ready to start level 2 in a few mins~
  • LauraGreat
    LauraGreat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Day 7, Level 1 today. Feel free to add me. :)
  • gdbadass
    Options
    Well, I'm sticking with Level One until my shoulder is better - I will probably see a professional soon because the last thing I need is to re-injure it. All the plank moves in Levels 2 and 3 are something to be aiming for, but not at the expense of my shoulder OR my workout.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Today is my weigh-in, so we'll see if my routine of 30DS +Yoga is having a positive effect on my weight loss.

I already know it is good for my overall sense of bad-a**ery!
  • thunk16
    thunk16 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi! I just started 30DS yesterday. I completed a workout today and excited for tomorrow. I'm new to MFP and would like some support and motivation. I see that everyone write "please add me" - I don't know what it means but please add me? By the way I see people also write "bump", what does this mean?

Thanks!