What can I do to Scorch the Belly fat?

Options
I'm sure thats probably the most common question on here for guys. But it's my biggest concern. I've start melting my love handles, but I want to ignite a fire on my belly.
If I can make some strong progress there I'll be losing weight pretty quickly.

*** I'm not a pill popper, so suppliments and I dont get along.

I'm all for hard work and focused excercises.

FYI my knees are not what they used to be, I have tendonitis in both and early stages of arthritis in my right one. (I'm 32)
I'm convinced that if I can scorch this belly I'll actually have some good relief when it comes to my knee pain.

So if you have excercises and focused routines to burn that belly.. please, message me.

PS - I can always use a friend, so feel free to add me.

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    No such thing as spot reducing - keep eating at a deficit and the fat will come off. Unfortunately, the belly/love handles is usually the last place for it to go from. There's a saying that "Abs are made in the kitchen", which means that your diet has a lot more to do with it than exercise. Get lean and you'll lose the belly - trying to "target" it with exercises won't work.
  • Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    guess Ive just got hit it hard and watch the lbs fall off
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    good question. i wish there was a better answer though.
    been on mfp since July and i love it!! reading others posts can be funny at times. Also encouraging and inspirational that the weight will come off!

Great that you strarted at a young age to take charge of your weight!!:smile:
  • ncwall
    ncwall Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yea we cant spot condition our fat loss, from what I have read its goes off the last place it came on so if you put fat on in the stomach area first its our last place to lose it.
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Lift heavy and do HIIT it will help you decrease body fat and increase lean mass.
  • Lincar5
    Lincar5 Posts: 1
    Options
    Does speed walking scorch belly fat???:smile:
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Eat at a moderate defecit, eat wholesome food and enough of it, cardio both HIIT and steady state, plenty of weight trainingg, rest days, eat exercise cals back (making sure thats not included in your activity level) and do it all again. Its all about balance of all the right things.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I agree that there is no spot training. For me though, white sugar and flour seem to add to my belly fat. So I make sure to limit them and I drink green tea. Some studies suggest that green tea burns fat.

Congratulations on being here and hang in there. It takes a while for us to get out of shape so it takes a while for us to get into shape as well.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Cycling. Cycling cycling cycling. Then cycling some more. And some swimming. Once your legs and core are stronger from that, add running, and probably some more swimming. Once you've got these three going, then SHAZAM! - Triathlon till you die.

BELLY BE GONE!

And, as if that's not enough, you get the added benefits of race medals (BLING!), cool gear, and friends who are just as tri-frenzied as you'll become. What's not to love?