Has anyone here tried the 17 day diet?

Options
Has anyone here tried the 17 day diet or done the 17 day diet and was successful or wasn't just looking for some general info and imput from people who have tried it. thanks so much!!:smile:

Replies

• MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have tried a similar GNC diet. Honestly it was horrible. Yes I dropped 12lbs quick but I gained it right back and felt horrible through the whole thing. I felt starved, tired and just not myself, and after I felt like a failure. Being healthy should be more important than quick results. It took me a long time to figure that out but now I've lost 11 lbs the healthy way in about the same amount of time.
  • rncrebecca
    rncrebecca Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tried it and starved fallowing the program. Deffinitly limiting if you eat a lot the n stop cold turkey. My friend lost a lot of weight and when she completed all four cycles and was trying to maintain her weight it just kept comming off...I was thinking about trying again since I have rationed my portion intake. Her results were awesme.
  • JHoelck0928
    JHoelck0928 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info ladies!! Yeah I bought the book and was reading through it and it didn't seem to bad. Not much different than what I recently started lots of protein and fruits and veggies with limited carbs and no sugar. Just wanted some imput from real people and not just the book.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I read the book, and there were some things in the book that I learned, but I think I followed the diet for about 2 meals. There are definitely some things that you can learn from it, but I would suggest that you eat what you enjoy in moderation and don't try to follow a restrictive diet plan.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on Cycle 3- followed it to a T. Never felt better. I have not ever felt hungry on it at all. I've finally broken a 3 month long plateau.

I've lost just shy of 10 lbs during the first two cycles.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    BTW- the first week was easy. The second half of the first cycle was pretty hard. I craved carbs and sugar bad - but I stuck with it and now I don't even crave potato chips or ice cream... So, it's really great for breaking those food addictions.

I've also lost 4.5 inches overall since starting.

Cycle 2 was better, because you add in healthy carbs every other day- like oatmeal.

Cycle 3 is basically normal eating, just no junk.

On cycle 1, it didn't seem to matter how much I ate, I couldn't make 1200 calories - so I just didn't exercise on the first cycle. On cycle 2 I only exercised on every other day - on cycle 3, the book challenges you to exercise 300 minutes a week.
  • JHoelck0928
    JHoelck0928 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info I'm on my second day and so far loving it!!! I'm not hungry and I already feel better.