Yogurt

Options
I was just wondering what everyone's favorite yogurt is? I have been eating the Dannon Light and Fit yogurt that has 80 calories but I recently noticed that it is filled with many different artificial sweeteners. Now I am torn if it is better to eat the lower calorie, lower sugar yogurt that is filled with fake stuff or a different brand.

Diana

Replies

• csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love Fage 0% fat greek yogurt. There's no sugar and the ingredients are as listed: grade A pasteurized skimmed milk & live active yogurt cultures. That's it! I add 1 tbsp. honey and any fruit I'm craving that day (usually raspberries or blueberries). It might take you some getting used to if you're used to the sugar and sweet tastes, but I love it!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I love the Mountain High yogurt brand. They make plain, vanilla and strawberry (maybe others, but that's all I've seen), and they come in regular, low-fat and fat-free. They don't use any artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, preservatives, etc. I found it tastes a bit richer than the Dannon Light 'n fit, which is what I used to use.

Edited to add: This yogurt does contain crystalline fructose, which is not an artificial sugar substitute, but it is a processed sugar. Personally, I eat very few foods with added sugars (for the most part), so this doesn't bother me, but just thought I'd throw the info out there.
  • jchapple
    Options
    Danone Activia. I could eat that as a posh dessert, it's lovely, esp cranberry and fig flavours
    Used to do Muller Light but they are very sweet and not very creamy.
  • bolsen21
    Options
    I like the chocolate yogurt, it tastses and feels like pudding, I can't stomach the texture of the regular stuff.......but thats just me....:flowerforyou:
  • evilras
    evilras Posts: 42
    Options
    I just like the weight watchers yoghurts here! The toffee and vanilla ones are nice. But i love the desert ones! and they're 60 something calories each.

So my trouble now is REACHING the number of calories in a day!! (check my diary if you dont believe me! )
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I eat the Astro Zero yogurt. Not fat, and the sweetener is Slenda which is natural. Between my wife & I, we go through 24 of the 175g servings a week. :)
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Before I was diagnosed with a milk allergy, I love love loved the fage yogurt.

Now, I'm eating soy yogurt. I kinda like the Live Soy yogurt, and I use WildWood probiotic plain unsweetened soy yogurt in my baking. I did find a coconut yogurt at the health food store, but it's chocolate flavored, and I'm hanging on to it for a day when I've got a craving.
  • willows14
    willows14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Chobani Greek yogurt for me:smile: I love the texture of it as its so thick and creamy. Im not found of the water types of yogurt:sick: .
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Yoplait Yoptimal Vanilla 0%

Last time I was in the States, I did get to try Chobani Vanilla and it was MMMMMM-MMMMMM good!
  • stella_star
    Options
    I go for plain greek yogurt either with just berries or might add honey and flaked almonds. I prefer to add my own flavours and sweetness. Occassionally I have it with a scoop of flavoured protein powder mixed in which really works better with a plain yogurt.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    I am currently in love with Yoplait Whips Vanilla Creme. So yummy!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I love Fage 0% fat greek yogurt. There's no sugar and the ingredients are as listed: grade A pasteurized skimmed milk & live active yogurt cultures. That's it! I add 1 tbsp. honey and any fruit I'm craving that day (usually raspberries or blueberries). It might take you some getting used to if you're used to the sugar and sweet tastes, but I love it!

I second greek yogurt! I'm not a huge fan of Fage (I can't handle how tart it is) I usually eat Chobani...not as healthy as the Fage but a little sweeter.
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I prefer to use a lowfat yogurt instead of the nonfat with all the artificial stuff. If the Fage 0% fat greek yogurt were sold in my town, it sounds like one I would probably try. Generally I just try to stay away from artificial sweeteners and use a little dab of honey or agave nectar if anything at all. So many fruits are sweet enough without anything added and better for you in my opinion at least.

The only yogurt brands available in my town are Dannon, Yoplait, and Western Family, and if I feel ambitious growing my own culture. Some of you are so fortunate to have more choices, but I'm still happy:bigsmile:
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    i just recently starting wondering about the same thing, i dont want to eat a yogurt with artificial sweetners that make it lower cal or lower fat cuz if its not natural its not clean and im trying to eat clean, so i guess im going to try the Stonyfield yogurts next time i go to the store and see how i like those.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Chobani Greek yogurt for me:smile: I love the texture of it as its so thick and creamy. Im not found of the water types of yogurt:sick: .

I just finished some chobani strawberry! But I have to say, if you love the chobani, try fage... it's A-MA-ZING! :love: Just a little too expensive for me to buy all the time. :frown:
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    i just recently starting wondering about the same thing, i dont want to eat a yogurt with artificial sweetners that make it lower cal or lower fat cuz if its not natural its not clean and im trying to eat clean, so i guess im going to try the Stonyfield yogurts next time i go to the store and see how i like those.

If you register at stoneyfield.com, you can print coupons for stoneyfield! :happy:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

Stonyfield makes the Oikos greek style yogurt...try one.
    Also, greek yogurt is also very high in protein.
  • klybarger
    klybarger Posts: 214
    Options
    Not a fan of the greek yogurt - tried it a while ago and just didn't care for how it coated my mouth. Maybe they've gotten better. I really like the Stonyfield low fat yogurts. Unfortunately, I can only find vanilla and strawberry in my area. They're both very good, but a little more variety would be nice!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I second the Fage and Oikos plain Greek yogurt. I have to add a packet of Truvia to mine though b/c a sprinkle of honey doesn't cut the tart enough for me. Plain it pretty much tastes like sour cream, so you have to add stuff to it! Today I was planning on having 1/2 c. Oikos with a sprinkle of Bear Naked Fit granola and 1/2 a banana. Yum!!

Oh and I also love the Yoplait thick and creamy cinnamon roll flavor....not exactly clean but oh so tasty!! :bigsmile:
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

I second greek yogurt! I'm not a huge fan of Fage (I can't handle how tart it is) I usually eat Chobani...not as healthy as the Fage but a little sweeter.

I'm going to have to find Chobani and try that one out!