Newbie to the site

Options
Hi,
I have finally joined and looking forward to weight loss tips and information. I was very trim and active even after kids. But the ole matabolism has slowed, stress of raising teens and not enough exercise, I've gained 40 ugh. My doctor suggested WW but I'm trying mfp along with walking daily and 3 days of moderate weight training. Being completely honest, I'm craving sweets. I know to stay away from "white bread, refined sugar, rice, pasta." My teen just made strawberries dipped in chocolate and I had 3! :( Any ideas to supress cravings. Also, GNC store suggested Dr. Oz's latest - Green Coffee Bean supplement. I did not purchase. Have never taken pills for dieting.
Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Nirvana_93
    Options
    I am also new but i heard this website was awesome... add me if u want :)
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Welcome! The site IS awesome! The only way I've been able to suppress the cravings is to stay away from whatever it is I'm craving....the craving goes away after a while although the first hours or days can be very difficult. Another option would be to have a little of what you're wanting while still staying within your calories for the day. That hasn't worked well for me, but everyone's different. Add me if you'd like. :smile:
  • nicolars1977
    Options
    welcome i love this site, feel free to ad me as well
  • crazyxperson
    Options
    Haha I'm new too :) Add me if you like

I'd say find some things that you like but are still healthy or that you can eat in smaller portions. For me, it's 100 calories bags of popcorn, healthy choice fudge bars from Costco, and single pieces of Hershey's Bliss dark chocolate. There's always a way to get in the salty snacks, munchies, or chocolate- you just have to be smart about how you do it.