Workout injuries

Options
splashangel
splashangel Posts: 494 Member
I'm interested in hearing how you got them. Smashed finger, blisters , sprained ankles etc. If you took pictures that would only add to the fun.

Replies

• splashangel
    Options
    bump
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    UNTOLDSMILE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I messed my back up doing dead lifts. Hurt like all kinds of hell.....I walked it off...then that hurt lol
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I don't crossfit...

Other than some soreness, none to speak of.
  • Jenloma
    Jenloma Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    aching knees here.
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Knees, always my knees
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Tendonitis in my left leg. And numerous blisters. Poor running form. . .under correction now. No photos. . .sorry!!!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Does sunburn and bug bites count as injuries? I'm pretty careful to avoid injury since I am without insurance right now.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I've been walking for awhile now and just this past week, I got the biggest blister on the bottom of my foot underneath my big toe. Hurt like hell to work out the following days. Shins are also killing me from attemping to run.
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, I have escaped any major injuries so far. But... I currently have small scrapes on my shins from deadlifts, a small patch of rug burn by my right elbow from push-ups, and light bruising on my biceps and forearms from hugging a 45 lb plate.
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I pulled my Trap doing Military press!!
  • stevehomoki
    Options
    I am still recovering from my right shoulder when I strained my tendon too much from benching. I couldn't bench for 6-7 months, gained some weight back and now I'm back in the game. However I still cannot do barbell benching, but I can do dumbbell benching which is a lot easier on my shoulders.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    no pics, but i've injured my right ankle, strained it really bad. then i reinjured that recently, and strained my left achilles tendon. i tend to hurt myself every few months. i try to go too fast, my body needs to go slow and low and work up to where i want to be. i'm learning that finally :)
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I think that between lifting, running, walking and playing softball I have a stress fracture in my left foot. Not sure though. I really don't know though. I know it hurts after playing softball or running or stretching out my ankle/feet/toes.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Both feet same toe. Is this normal? I walk 1.5-6miles a day, jog, run, 3-5.

91cda579.jpg
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Back injury, SI joint about 10 days ago. Tried working out tonight but tweaked it squatting. It sucks being out of the game!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,576 Member
    Options
    After lifting for over 29 years now I have a myriad of minor injuries.

Tendinitis in both elbows.
    Tendinitis in left shoulder.
    Mild patellar tendinitis in left knee.
    Chronic sciatica down left leg.
    Both ankles aren't as stable.
    Mild plantar faciitis in both feet.
    Torn left hamstring.

And that's just what I'll feel from time to time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Ran 20 miles. Felt great. The next morning sneezed at the kitchen sink and threw out my back for a WEEK!! WTHeck!!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Over the handlebars onto the ground early this spring got me this lovely hematoma on my left leg:
    IMG_1985.jpg

The swelling was there for a couple of weeks, and then the blood pooled into my foot/ankle, giving me the purple sock effect:
    IMG_2003.jpg
    But, I got a new bike out of it, so I guess it was worth it.

Sorry about the pic size
  • dinoskycm
    dinoskycm Posts: 267
    Options
    Im currently nursing a knee injury. I tore the meniscus in my left knee, so I've been out of the game for almost two weeks. I'm hoping it will get better and not require surgery. I was running a trail with my best friend and did too much, too soon, as usual! lol! When this is better, I'm going to go back to swimming for a while and lose more weight before I start running again, then maybe do a c25K program to build up my running. :) It just takes time!

Has anyone else torn their meniscus? What did you do to get it better, and how long did it take to heal?
  • splashangel
    Options
    Does sunburn and bug bites count as injuries? I'm pretty careful to avoid injury since I am without insurance right now.
    OH YES IT DOES!!!