Good (and not too dear) HRM in the UK/Ireland?

Options
My very cheap and probably not very reliable HRM appears to have packed in. I have no idea what kind to buy so was looking for some recommendations - has to be available in the UK - happy to buy from Ebay if needs be - don't want to spend very much on it if possible but of course I want one that will work! Thanks in advance for any good tips!

Replies

• helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi MrsODriscoll. I got a Polar FT4 for £49 from Amazon.co.uk

So far so good - does what it says on the tin which is record my heart rate and let me know calorie burn. There's a ton of threads on here about HRMs and decent ones. Polar FT4's seem to feature quite a lot in the "cheap but cheerful" ones.
  • vico1612
    vico1612 Posts: 18
    Options
    I got a Polar FT7 from amazon.co.uk , delivered to Ireland , for £62.30
  • iriska26
    iriska26 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sigma PC15 HRM watch is not too bad and a bit less expensive £35:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sigma-PC15-Heart-Rate-Monitor/dp/B000G4YOUM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345362971&sr=8-1

I use a previous model which is no longer available, the strap is compatible with most gym machines (that take Polar), and the battery life is good.
  • cazwillis99
    cazwillis99 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I got a polar FT 7 - cost about £65 - absolutely love it :-)
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi MrsODriscoll. I got a Polar FT4 for £49 from Amazon.co.uk

So far so good - does what it says on the tin which is record my heart rate and let me know calorie burn. There's a ton of threads on here about HRMs and decent ones. Polar FT4's seem to feature quite a lot in the "cheap but cheerful" ones.

I've just bought one of these from Amazon too.....nice and easy to set up and does the job....I'm really pleased with......plus it came in bronze so I didn't have to have a 'man's' black one. Was also pleased the chest strap went round me :bigsmile:
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Hiya :-) I bought a polar FT4 off ebay for €80 including delivery but you will probably get it cheaper now than when i bought it.
  • sisterofseven
    sisterofseven Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 which I got from heartratemonitor.co.uk - cant remember the price but I think it was 60 ish. When I lived in the UK, Argos was also quite reasonably priced but I dont know if they still sell them.
  • MsDandimite
    MsDandimite Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have the one from Tesco for about €29.90 or so. It's doing its job quite nicely for me. It has zones and tells you the calorie burn.
  • MrsODriscoll
    MrsODriscoll Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for all the great advice! The one I have was bought on a whim from Lidl and cost £15 so no wonder it has died lol!
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for all the great advice! The one I have was bought on a whim from Lidl and cost £15 so no wonder it has died lol!

Ive got one from lidl. How old is it, mine came with a 3 year warranty.