Silly elliptical question?

Options
So, does anyone else notice when they are on the elliptical for a long period of time that their toes tend to go alittle bit numb? If so, how can I stop that or at least make it feel alittle bit better while I am doing it?

Replies

• bumpthat
    Options
    Yes, that happens to me too! I thought it was more of a foot placement issue than anything else. So I adjusted my stance and it made the numbness better the next time I did the elliptical. (I believe - weights on balls of foot was more numb, flat footed on pedals - less numb).
  • gglenn
    gglenn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just pick up my feet a little and shake them as I take a step.
  • francis1425
    francis1425 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That makes sense, I will try switching up placement and concentrate on the way I am standing. I tried moving my foot while I was doing it, it didn't work out too well, I need alot more coordination for that!
  • missykaye1975
    Options
    Yes, that happens to me too! I thought it was more of a foot placement issue than anything else. So I adjusted my stance and it made the numbness better the next time I did the elliptical. (I believe - weights on balls of foot was more numb, flat footed on pedals - less numb).

^^^^This is what I do too--same thing happens to me! I also try not to stay on any one machine too long. I've done 60-min. sessions on the elliptical, but it's just too hard on my feet, so I like to rotate 20-30 min. elliptical, 20-30 min. stairclimber, rowing machine, bike, treadmill, track, etc.
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and think it's because I have high arches (which results in stiffer feet). I try loosening my shoe laces a bit, and doing the shaking thing the others describe. I"ve tried all kinds of shoes to get some arch support and padding in there, but have yet to find a solution.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Yes. I just lift up my foot and strectch it out a bit.