I just bought a spaghetti squash. Ideas? Recipes?

Options

Replies

• Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    Options
    bump.jpg
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Sounds so-o-o-o good. I'll try this for my next "spaghetti" dinner! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • phard53
    phard53 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! I'm going to try them all. I love it topped with ground turkey and spaghetti sauce.
  • Byrdie66
    Options
    Thank you for a great recipe idea Vickie. I think that will be on my menu this week.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the ideas. :) They sound amazing. I'm going to have a hard time choosing. :happy:
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I mix the cooked squash with:

olive oil
    balsamic vinegar
    tomatoes
    basil
    Parmesan cheese
    pepper

Serve warm or cool
  • neekosmith
    neekosmith Posts: 47 Member
    Options
  • mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My favorite use: nuke it in a shallow pan with about 1" of water to loosen it up, and then strip out the squash with a fork so it's like pasta almost......then add to a pan of sauteed mushrooms and scallops, mix thoroughly and add in baby spinach leaves. Delicious!
  • MrsMangler
    MrsMangler Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump. (I love spaghetti squash!)
  • JaneInKansas
    JaneInKansas Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • llynn09
    llynn09 Posts: 1
    Options
    Cut squash in half and cook in the microwave. Scoop out seeds and then remove the pulp. Cut up a medium onion. Add squash and onion in a skillet with 2 cloves of garlic and 2 tablespoons of olive. Then add salt and pepper to taste. It will cook quickly and is done when onions are cooked tender.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • scb18
    scb18 Posts: 20
    Options
    I LOVE spaghetti squash! I usually cook it in the microwave and depending on how I feel I'll add a little bit of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and some freshly shredded mozzarella cheese. I think it acts more like a spaghetti substitute when you put some pasta sauce on it though (I use healthy choice). Either way it's so filling!
  • mandersatx
    Options
    I grill bell peppers, yellow squash, onions, and tomatoes on my Foreman grill, chop them up & put them in a little bit of jarred marinara sauce, serving it over spag squash. Sometimes I add grilled chicken to it. Low cal, high fiber. :)
  • Gauntlettes
    Options
    Bump :)
  • itsjilly
    itsjilly Posts: 40
    Options
    Spray of some pam, and dice up some Garlic, Tomato's, onions and fry it up together with the squash.

Add a little Parm Cheese, or some olive oil!

Thats what I had tonight with a turkey burger!!
  • jo3y20
    jo3y20 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Love spaghetti sqaush. I make it with spaghetti sauce and ground turkey. YUM.

Bump for later.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    throw it on a skillet with some chicken, broccolli, braggs liquid aminos (soy sauce alternative) and you'll have a yummy stirfry. I also mix nutritional yeast in after for a cheesy pasta-like dish.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    S squash with pesto.
    S squash with salt and pepper.
    S squash with parmesan and butter - my personal favorite.
    S squash with spaghetti sauce. Use it like it is spaghetti.
    Stuff it with a mixture of cooked wild rice, raisins, egg (to hold it all together), chopped green and red pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Cover with foil and bake until the squash is tender. Yummy.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    The Fat Lady at the doctor's office who turned me on to MFP told me I could eat 2 lean cuisines for dinner....because eating at work is sometimes difficult... I've found that one or one and one-half cups of spaghetti squash with a lean cuisine dinner (210-250 calorie ones are the ones I use) poured over it, with salad or a soup is a fine quick easy meal while at work.

I also like SQ with butter or olive oil, garlic/garlic salt, a few capers.......as a side to anything. it's one of my new favorites I've found here at mfp..