NSV - Ran my first 5K!

Options
I just had to share with everyone! I ran my first 5K last night! It was amazing and a huge accomplishment for me. It really proved to me that I can do anything I set my mind to. I had been "training" off and on for a couple months but over the past few weeks I let myself fall off course and didn't do much in the way of preparation. I only ran the full three miles once over the past month. At that time I ran it in 39 minutes. Last night I finished my 5K in 35:45! Next up on the list...a 10K next month. I will definitely be preparing more for that one haha! Here's my blog post with pictures if anyone's interested.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/hellonheels88/view/glow-run-5k-omaha-pics-409426

Replies

• Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    terrific job !!
  • Ange03063
    Ange03063 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Definitely a great NSV! I'm training for my 1st 5K on Columbus Day weekend...
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Running is addictive, mentally and physically--mentally, I love being able to "turn off" for awhile and just run.....physically addictive because when the pounds started dropping off and STAYING off, I was ecstatic! Keep up the great work!
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And I agree...running is very addictive. Such a good stress reliever.
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey I was there!! I was just about to make a post of my own about this race. It was my 2nd. I am a very slow runner, but I shaved a few minutes off my time from the run I did in April. It was so well organized. The run had so much verve and excitement. Glad to hear you had fun!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    very well done!
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hey I was there!! I was just about to make a post of my own about this race. It was my 2nd. I am a very slow runner, but I shaved a few minutes off my time from the run I did in April. It was so well organized. The run had so much verve and excitement. Glad to hear you had fun!

Awesome!! It was so much fun, right?!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I just had to share with everyone! I ran my first 5K last night! It was amazing and a huge accomplishment for me. It really proved to me that I can do anything I set my mind to. I had been "training" off and on for a couple months but over the past few weeks I let myself fall off course and didn't do much in the way of preparation. I only ran the full three miles once over the past month. At that time I ran it in 39 minutes. Last night I finished my 5K in 35:45! Next up on the list...a 10K next month. I will definitely be preparing more for that one haha! Here's my blog post with pictures if anyone's interested.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/hellonheels88/view/glow-run-5k-omaha-pics-409426

it's a huge achievement. congratulations! and yep..you will run that 10k within 4 weeks, no doubt about it :-)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm training to run one, too so I know what a big deal this is :D
  • loverleigh
    Options
    WTG!!!
  • LoNCole
    LoNCole Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! This will be me on sept 15th.
  • baby_lovin_060206
    baby_lovin_060206 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! That s a huge accomplishment, Good luck on your 10k.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! How exciting!!!
  • fairfieldbeach
    fairfieldbeach Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    woot!
  • TLCkirby
    TLCkirby Posts: 12
    Options
    great job!! I can't wait until I can run my first 5k!!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am so happy for YOU!! I would love to do just that - run a 5 km. Thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! It's amazing how the excitement of race day and the adrenaline can help your time, isn't it? Glad you had a great time!
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo, great achievement. There's no stopping you now :)
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    thats great, keep it up i have done three 5k's i think maybe a 10k next year
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!