P90X Group 8/20/2012

Options
Hello Everyone! As we all know, support can be a very powerful thing. It’s very helpful to share frustrations and accomplishments with others who know what we are going through. Losing weight is difficult already, so why do it alone? Having said that, I would like to start a new support group for P90X starting Monday (8/20/12). I would like maybe 5-10 members max. I feel a smaller more active group would be most beneficial. Additionally, we would all start on the same date and do p90x only and not a hybrid. Please apply if you are really serious and could stick to the 90 day commitment. thanks

Replies

• Zero503
    Zero503 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    no takers? :(
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I just got P90X, but I'm not ready to start it tomorrow. I still need to aquire a pull-up bar and some other equipment.. Good luck to you!
  • Zero503
    Options
    Thanks, good luck on your journey too.
  • nicolewalsh2
    nicolewalsh2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just got the p90x and have pretty much all the equipment and was looking at starting tomorrow (Sunday), but would love to have someone to do it with and help motivate each other so i could wait a day. If you are still looking for people I would love too! Just let me know!!
  • Zero503
    Options
    hey

Yes i am still interested. I am gonna start monday regardless but it would be awesome to have someone else to do it with!
  • MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi just got it from my son...would love to do it with others...I am not in super shape ...so I think this will motivate me to do my best and get it done! If you have room let me know. Friend me if you think i'd be good for your group! Good luck!
  • Zero503
    Options
    There is room for more. I wouldn't worry about being in super shape. I did my first cycle of P90x being extremely out of shape. I believe the hardest thing about P90x is sticking to it.
  • MrsBioChem
    MrsBioChem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    No hybrids? :( I prefer to run on my cardio days.
  • Zero503
    Options
    No hybrids? :( I prefer to run on my cardio days.

Thats fine, i mainly meant people who do 1-3 days of P90x and something else the remaining days. I guess i thought it would be interesting to see how p90x would work for each member of the group.
  • lauragibson8
    lauragibson8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! Count me in!!! My P90X has been sitting on the shelf for 6 months! I attempted starting it, but fizzled out after a week :-( I have learned that I NEED accountability partners, and my husband just doesn't cut it! I have a lot to lose starting at 214 now, so I am NOT in great shape. But I know what it means to be an athlete and I want to get back to that place! I seem to make excuses not to spend that 60 minutes on myself when I have two kids under 4yrs, but I need to do it for me!

Would LOVE to have an active group to "report" to!
  • luaysam
    luaysam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, i am also planning to start P90X this week. i would be happy if you accepted me in your group.
  • caseygotgoals
    caseygotgoals Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would love to join, but I'm already into the fourth week. If you don't mind the head start, I would love to be part of this group. :) I'm probably going to do 1-2 more rounds after this one anyway...
  • lauragibson8
    lauragibson8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would love to join, but I'm already into the fourth week. If you don't mind the head start, I would love to be part of this group. :) I'm probably going to do 1-2 more rounds after this one anyway...
    How is it going? Are you seeing results? Any advice???
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Happy to join! Anyone feel free to friend me. I just finished my first week of p90x and am committed to 90 days!
  • caseygotgoals
    caseygotgoals Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How is it going? Are you seeing results? Any advice???

So far so good. I'm not noticing any results, but I haven't taken my Day 30 photos yet, nor have I measured myself. I really should. I feel stronger and I am starting to feel some muscles in my arms instead of fat. So I'm guessing there's something going on. Though I've heard that most changes don't start occurring until Phase 2 and 3.

I say, make sure you follow the nutrition plan and keep bringing it. I'm still trying to figure out how much I should be eating since the nutrition guide doesn't apply to overweight folks like myself. :/
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Add me! :) I've been thinking about starting up p90x and am super stoked that others would be around the same time!
  • eric5150ii
    eric5150ii Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join as well! Maile & I were planning to start it on 8/20 as well, so we'd love to be a part of the group!
  • 48vixen
    48vixen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well as I was starting my P90X program in the am.
  • Zero503
    Options
    Very happy to see few more people wanting to join. I dont mind anybody who has asked, as long as you are serious about the 90 days. I guess the next step would be to make a group?
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You might be at your 10, but I just finished Week 1 and am gearing up for the start of Week 2 tomorrow. Feel free to add me. :smile: