Parmesan Broccoli Bites - 30 calories!

Options
2»

Replies

• Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I made those last night. I got 13 pieces out of the recipe and mine not look quite as yummy as the ones on the picture. Nevertheless they tasted pretty good, I ate 3 and my husband destroyed the other 10 :laugh:
  • emily14046
    Options
    bump
  • foss44
    foss44 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Looks good
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    http://mompetent.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/parmesan-broccoli-bites-low-callow-carbgluten-free/

Here it is copy and pasted:

Yields: 18 bites

What you’ll need:

1 large Egg

1 Egg white

2 cups frozen Broccoli

3/4 cup diced onion

4 oz (approx 1 cup) Parmesan cheese, grated (Parm cheese is Gluten Free – so long as you DO NOT buy it pre-grated. )

What you’ll need to do:

Dump egg and egg white into a big bowl, with cheese. In a food processor, pulse broccoli and onions until well mixed. (If you don’t have a food processor, you should still be okay using the same recipe – your bites will just be a bit more chunky.) Mix broccoli into the egg/cheese mixture. Form into 1.5 inch round patties (I used a cookie dough scoop- that I broke last year and refuse to throw away because it comes in handy for making meatballs and things like this!) Bake at 350 for 20 minutes on a sheet lined with parchment paper, flip and bake for another 10 minutes. DO NOT USE WAX PAPER. It will burn and make a nasty mess in your oven. Once again, this recipe is REALLY versatile – you could add peppers, dried tomatoes, herbs and spices – without changing the nutritional value by much.
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    Mmm bump!
  • redheadkirsty
    Options
    Mmm broccolli, onion and cheese. The only way it could get better is with garlic.

Thanks for the recipe will be trying these soon.
  • hla471
    hla471 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely gonna make these really soon!!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • velasdream
    Options
    O.M.G. !!!! Actual food I can eat. And it looks yummy! Thanks for posting this :love:
  • namenumber
    namenumber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    These look good! I will have to try them!
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, these sound good...bump
  • Vegadu
    Vegadu Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks!
  • deedeetris
    deedeetris Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I'll try these this week!
  • jenichenny
    jenichenny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    yum! ty
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of low carb/low cal/gluten free recipes that I'm working on editing and getting published soon. So glad you guys are enjoying these!
  • CeliaBeansSconi
    Options
    bump