Interested in being friends w Women 50+ Group

Options
Just Joined MFP but not sure how to communicate w only specific folks or w strangers online (you've guessed by now i'm not on social media sites). i'm not very tech savvy.:blushing:
Is there a special way to log into this women's group? Please advise.

Replies

• hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am one of the Menopausal Mad Hatters and I think we are a very supportive group who do not take ourselves seriously. If you search for this name you should see a join group tab. Hit it and you are a member. I will send you a friend request. And you can accept if you would like. Hope you join us! Janet
  • madivp
    madivp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I looked for the Menopausal Mad Hatters and couldnt find the group. I would like to join it too.
  • RhoRocks
    RhoRocks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello GMoss... I'm 54 and joined MFP just a couple weeks ago. I accepted a bunch of friends at first, but then decided that this journey was NOT about how many friends I could collect, but how many over 50 friends I could find that would understand and support me. I'm not part of any special group... I just accept friends that are over 50 because we have the same fitness goals and health issues for the most part.

Having lost 7 pounds in the past 2 weeks, mostly from removing wheat flour from my diet, I still have 103 to go... I'm in it for the long haul. You are welcome to friend me and everyday when you log in, I'll be here cheering you on.
  • slimmikimmi
    slimmikimmi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi gmoss, I am interested in Menopausal Mad Hatters too and cant find them either!!! I love MFP so far (3 days), coming from Weight Watchers where I couldn't lose anything. I am 49 and so so on the computer. Will keep trying to find that group and if I do I will let you know. Maybe we can friend the lady that started it and find a lind to the group on her page!
  • SunnyLynnie
    SunnyLynnie Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that name! I went into Groups and searched Menopause and found 3, "Weigh in on Menopause", "Women of a Certain Age" and "Menopausal Group" something or other, but no Mad Hatters. So which one is it? I keep meeting these lovely people in their 20s, but they wouldn't understand what it's like to have a hot flash and how hormonal imbalances make it EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to lose weight!
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    If you still haven't been able to locate the Menopausal Mad Hatters group try turning off your safe search feature. This should help.
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Doni and I am 52 years old. I need all of the friends and advice I can get. Feel free to add me to your friend list.:flowerforyou:
  • Bassgirl51
    Options
    Can someone add me. I am 52. I did a search and did not findit either.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Morning ladies!

Sorry I just ran across this thread this morning (I'm not very tech savvy either!) I see several of our Hatters have helped you out with trying to find us... you don't need an invite to join we're open to everyone with a sense of humour and a willingness to support and encourage each other.. so please feel free to join us, or just lurk and read the posts for a while .... if I do this right, this link should take you to todays discussion page, but once you join you can flip back thru previous posts if you'd like or just hop in anytime lol!

Hope to see you there, and if you still have probs finding us, feel free to message me and i'll send an invite to guide ya!!
    Snoozie

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/727089-sept-3rd-monday-menopausal-mad-hatters-chatter
  • cheryl5115
    cheryl5115 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah!!!! Our group is growing!!!! :smile: Hope to see in the group real soon.