not seeing any results for 2 months....need motivation

Options
I've been eating properly and exercising regularly for the last two months and saw only 2 pounds difference over the course of 5 weeks. According to MFP's calculators, I should have lost 6-7 lbs.

I've noticed that I drop weight when I eat below 1200 calories per day, and am feeling like when I try to lose the healthy way, I don't lose weight at all. My waist only shrinks by half of an inch, that's it.

It's depressing me especially when I want to lose 15 more pounds. (I've already dropped 22 last year.) My goal weight is 145-150 lbs, and seem to be perpetually stuck at 164-166. (I'm 5'5" and wear a US size 8 dress-aiming to fit in size 6 and trim more fat off my body.)

Just feeling very frustrated! I feel bad for my boyfriend-he's been stepping on eggshells around me about my weight and clothes. (He doesn't mind me the way I am right now, it's his friends who have made some rude comments.)

Anyone on the same boat?

Replies

• blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Okay, what are you currently doing? Weight training? Cardio? How is your diet? Of course, you're going to drop more weight the lower your calories are but it's going to be not only fat but muscle which is not what you want. Don't drop below 1200 calories, I did that and it took me 12 months to correct the damage. Eat to support your activity and the weight will come off.

Without looking at your dairy, sounds to me like your diet needs to tighten up. Also, not knowing your routine, maybe try incorporating things like: intervals, HIIT or Tabata to really blast the fat off.
  • Marie31450
    Marie31450 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to eat more to weigh less! Check it out...our bodies will hang on to weight if it thinks it's starving..and I would be ecstatic if I was a size 8!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    your food log isn't public.

id say less carbs, more protein and veggies.

if i had to guess =]
  • jojostar85
    Options
    Hi, thank you for your responses!

I've been eating enough protein, but now that I look back at my diary, I do need to increase my veggie intake. Funny thing is I rarely eat bread! (Usually once every 2 weeks and when I do, it's always whole wheat bread.) I eat plenty of fruits, no problem there.

I've also been doing weights and cardio- I jog in the mornings for 25 minutes then walk for 20 minutes. For weights, I focus mostly on whole body workouts like squats, bicep curls, jumping jacks with weights, and tricep curls. I also do calf raises and deadlifts to boost my hamstrings and crunches along with tail lifts (when you're on the floor with knees up and lift only your butt off the floor-forgot the proper name of this exercise.) Maybe I have the routine wrong? I've been doing 2 sets of 20 reps for each exercise.

Blonde, what does HIIT stand for? I'd like to look that up!
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    Here listen to this song. It might help you feel motivated.

http://youtu.be/HNLwcTRubq4