Desserts????

Options
i have been "told" today that i'm cooking dinner for my friend and her daughter on wednesday and they want dessert.
have a reputation to uphold as am known among my friends for my baking and my desserts....but can't think of anything good but low cal

anyone got any ideas?

Replies

• misswager
    misswager Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    chocolate fondants, or also known as molten lava cakes.... not low calorie, but you could opt for frozen yogurt or something while they eat those lava cakes?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Fruit based is good - a spiced fruit compote with apples and cinnamon maybe. Or else individual meringue nests with some sort of cream and a berry topping. You could make yours with greek yoghurt if you thought they'd prefer whipped cream or ice cream, sort of individualise it.
  • sineadramsay
    Options
    ha ha no chance could i sit there eating a frozen yoghurt after making chocolate fondants and not have one - don't have that type of will power
  • sineadramsay
    Options
    like the merignue idea with greek yoghurt
  • chelw727
    chelw727 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    angel food cake with lite whipped topping and strawberries! yum!
  • scb18
    scb18 Posts: 20
    Options
    The other day I made dark chocolate cupcakes but substituted a can of diet coke instead of what the box tells you to add. I used cool whip as the frosting and they turned out AMAZING. Even my boyfriend who has hated past low cal desserts I have made loved them. They're very low cal - 100 calories per cupcake.