Does this happen to you when doing the arc trainer..

Options
I did the arc trainer last night for the first time and I felt like my toes were being compressed, it was so uncomfortable. Am I doing something wrong or does this happen to you guys. Geez I couldn't wait to get off of it, I hope this doesn't happen again, because I actually got a good workout from it.

Replies

• ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You're quad dominant and probably have an anterior pelvic tilt. Work on sitting back a little bit (kind of like into a squat) when you use the machine, and distribute your weight more over your heels.
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've never had a problem like that with any gym equiptment.

Is it your shoe size? I was told to, and now where a shoe a half size larger for working out in.

Do you find your self clenching you toes the entire time or just "down" motion?
  • nytdreamer80
    nytdreamer80 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    this happens to me sometimes too when I do the ARC. I just lean back a little and it seems to help. I am working on not holding on to the handle bars which is so dang hard.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I've never had a problem like that with any gym equiptment.

Is it your shoe size? I was told to, and now where a shoe a half size larger for working out in.

Do you find your self clenching you toes the entire time or just "down" motion?

Well the shoes I was wearing are a little to small, however, I wear them when I am on the treadmill and the elliptical and its no problem. I was clinching them almost the whole time.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me on the elliptical, but not the arc trainer. It happens because I am leeaning forward on my feet too much, try to push back on your heels. I read an article that says, this is one way you know that your form is not right when doing machines.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yes, used to happen to me. I would have to keep wiggling my toes otherwise they felt like they were falling asleep.
  • tothetide
    tothetide Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    YES!! It hurts so much. But I've noticed my feet actually shift forward in my shoes. I need new walking shoes terribly.