Need to Lose 100+ and need to start TODAY

Options
Hi. I need some friends to support my weight loss goals. I'm turning 40 next month and I'm trying to be healthier for my daughter. My immediate goal is to lose enough by next summer to fit on the roller coasters that she is now tall enough to ride!

Replies

• peggymunsell
    peggymunsell Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Know what you mean. I am trying to get healthier for my granddaughter if she ever gets back to the states. In Mar we are going to Ireland to see her and I want to be able to keep up. She will be 3 next month, I am 64 and need to loose 60 lbs so if you want to chat or need encouragement hit me up YOU CAN DO IT
  • slimfitin40s
    Options
    I just started earlier this week and need to lose a large chunk myself. Feel free to add me :)
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 35 and started with 120 pounds to lose. I am now at 68 gone! I too am doing it for my health and that of my family. It can be done, I promise!!
  • CurlyGurlie88
    Options
    hey congrats on wanting to get healthy! Always a plus! Add me as a friend if you like! :)
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just remember it didn't go on quickly and it takes a bit to take it off so don't get discouraged. Stick with it and you will be seeing results quickly!
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've been dieting since February, lost 48lbs but still have over 100 more to lose - oh and I'm 64.....
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello you can add me as a friend. This is a great journey with awesome results. Bless you
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I still have over 100 to lose. You can do this! We both can! :)
  • Badgirl1970
    Options
    I started this about 2 weeks ago and also need to lose over 100lbs, so far lost 6lbs. Feel free to add me and we can help each other xx
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    You can do it! Just take one day at a time. I had the same goals of wanting to do things with my son. I enjoyed horseback riding with him and am looking forward to other things together. I also didn't want to be embarrassing to him now that he is starting high school. Just remember your goals and make great choices. Good luck.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Do it! Start today! You don't need to overhaul your world all at once, just get going. You can do this!
  • poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    feel free to add x
  • nsanta13
    Options
    Thank you all for the support. I already feel more motivated!
    Just a quick idiot question. How do I add/request friends???
    Sorry. I'm usually more computer literate.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful thing to do for your birthday. And for such a good reason. Good luck!
  • bubbles53171
    Options
    Hello! I am 41 years old, I just signed up and will be starting tomorrow. I'm excited to start. I've tried many diets before that have worked for a time, but then the weight crept back on. I want to loose about 100 lbs. Looking for some friends to share the experience with and for support.
  • bigdon123
    bigdon123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and remember one pound at a time!
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just don't forget to have patience and persistence and all your hard work will pay off. I speak from personal experience. After my son was born 5 years ago I decided I no longer wanted to be the obese person I had become. I wanted to set a good example for him and be around long enough to see him grow up. It seemed so insurmountable when I first started out so instead of saying I need to lose 100 pounds I did it in 10 pound increments. For every 10 pounds I lost I would treat myself to something special (non food related!). A pedicure, a new shirt in a smaller size, etc. I have since had another child and have been able to keep the weight off. It can be done! Feel free to add me. I have been in maintenance mode for about a year (my second child is now 2) but I am still very active on MFP. You got this!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hi. I need some friends to support my weight loss goals. I'm turning 40 next month and I'm trying to be healthier for my daughter. My immediate goal is to lose enough by next summer to fit on the roller coasters that she is now tall enough to ride!

Aw that is an awesome goal!! I remember the first time I could latch a roller coaster AND the go cart at the go cart track!! Big thrill!! Good luck
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support. I already feel more motivated!
    Just a quick idiot question. How do I add/request friends???
    Sorry. I'm usually more computer literate.

Just click on the person's profile and click "add as friend" you can add a personal message to them as well. :smile:
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!
    Add me if you'd like.

Losing weight is the definitely best thing I have ever done!