Snack ideas

Options
So, I was seriously addicted to candy. I was eating candy, cookies, cakes, you name it, all day. I've gone cold turkey on them and now am having a different problem... I kind of don't want to eat much of anything. Without eating sweets, it's like my body would almost rather go hungry. For snacks I'm eating things like chips and quac, veggies with dips, rice cakes and stuff, but my body just gets bored and wishes it had candy instead. I'm finding myself at a significant deficit on exercise days especially. I've been eating a little PB, but I don't like the natural stuff and the creamy kinds I enjoy have more refined sugar that I'd like to be taking in. I am eating fruit, but the body/brain just doesn't want it.

So now that you know the situation, my two questions are: Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do about it? And Do you guys have any good snack ideas that are without refined sugars and may be more appealing that what I'm already eating?

P.S. White breads are ok, I really just went cold turkey on the sweets since it was getting serious.

Edit: I'm really trying to kick the addiction to flavor of the refined sugar, so anything besides fruit that is sweet is off the table for now (even if it's low cal). Thanks to those who gave me suggestions before I clarified, though!

Replies

• xdieselx
    xdieselx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just eat protein bars :P

I have been craving sugar a lot lately and i am like you, i love sweets and candies! So i have been eating this peanut butter protein bar "pure protein chocolate peanut butter"

Only 2g of sugar, 20g of protein, 200 calories
    http://www.pureprotein.net/pages/products.aspx?sku=013801

it fills me up real good i love it :P It's like eating a chocolate bar. I didnt try the chocolate one but peanut butter is good :P
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Get the fiber one brownies and stuff, they're really pretty good! and just sweet enough. I love those, though I haven't gotten them in forever. Special K chips are one of my favorites though. Also, greek yogurt, I hear people say it's good with honey in it, i just like it the way it is though.
  • elv1ra
    elv1ra Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    what about fruit? some of my favs are pineapple, white/green grapes, or kiwi. I dont always eat them but when i do im like "why dont i eat this everyday? its like candy!". you could also try berries or grapefruit with a zero calorie artificial sweetener on them.
  • vizcampos
    Options
    Strawberries or pineapple with cottage cheese. Frozen fruit bars. Almond butter on top of a banana.