SOS

Options
I Have to lose over 100lbs and I don't know were to start! Every book says something different. I am overwhelmed and confused.

Replies

• loveme4areason
    loveme4areason Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't be confused your in the right place! You start by adding friends, you can get so many different ideas from there dairies,

which can help you better plan your meals. Books can be very confusing that's why I like MFP you can learn from others. Hope this

helps!
  • leigharrx
    Options
    I'm new to this & I have no idea what I'm doing but i need the motivation so add me please,It's time for me to make a change.
    Thanks. :)
  • CurlyGurlie88
    Options
    you're at the right place girly! I would start with 1600 calorie diet and don't forget to log! That will help you so much! Add me if you like!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    a good first step is to start logging EVERYTHING you eat. It will give you an accurate idea of your behaviors and what you need to change.

for general info ... this post is a good place to start.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • eric5150ii
    eric5150ii Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    One of the things I have found that works the best: Write down EVERYTHING that you intake. Food, fluids, all of it. Do not fudge, cheat, lie, be brutally honest. That makes you really examine what you are taking in. I found that it also makes me think before I have something, knowing I will be accounting for it. Even if this is just on a pad of paper or notebook, write it down! This will give you an idea where to start. Once you realize how much food goes in without thought, it is kind of an eye-opener. Just get into the habit, even if you don't start tracking calorie/nutritional values. Being aware is the first step.

Best of luck!

Eric
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    a good first step is to start logging EVERYTHING you eat. It will give you an accurate idea of your behaviors and what you need to change.

for general info ... this post is a good place to start.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

^^^^THIS, definitely will help;) When I first started I couldn't believe what I was eating and..how much of it;)
  • 48vixen
    48vixen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I found that always having a bottle of water near me to drink was better then me having a sugary drink. I also found that by adding a slice of lemon helped to plus it's a natural diuretic.
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    this site is great, you can use it like facebook but not be ashamed to mention about weight and food.

You are best to add friends for motivation (feel free to add me).

You can ask advice, start slowly logging food and exercise and slowly but surely you will start to lose weight. You can meet some great friends on here who can help u through the low spots on your journey and root for you when you are doing so well.

stick with it and your confusion will soon subside when u see the pounds drop off :)

good luck!