Hello, I am new to the site and need support

Options
2»

Replies

• Audrilee1
    Options
    Welcome to all and just to let you all know - I am a 'newbie' to MFP - but not to 'dieting' been doing that for 54 years - since I was 8 - and I was on another site one and off for years since 2007 - and originally I lost big but I left life gt in the way - just couldn't get into the other site and I found this one -

Got Yvette to join us - she is a PILLAR of strength and encouragement!

I have working at losing in 'segments' I started at my heaviest 242 on 1 August and I am down 1 segment - I can't think of this journey as 100 POF (pounds of fat) to lose - it is too daunting - but I can lose 9 nore segments of 10 POF each!

Feel free to 'friend' me - I will respond to all!
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • Chesterbabe
    Options
    Hi there,
    I need support as well. I am stuck on my last 10 pounds and have near given up. Been working on the same 10 for like 3 months!
    I need some motivation , maybe we could help each other? :)Christine
  • Cathymitz
    Cathymitz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just want to say WOW! I am very touched by all the support in my first day. I thank all of you that have sent me request for friendship. I actually have hope that I am going to succeed at this. I am so glad that I found this site.:flowerforyou:
  • cammiesutton
    Options
    Just remember, it's a lifestyle change! You just have to stay focused and consistent with eating the right foods. Logging your food will really help keep you on track!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Would love to support you on your journey and have more support myself!!!!
  • Leggo1288
    Leggo1288 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i was skeptic about this site and when i started a week ago i figured i had no patience to log anything, but i slapped myself and said i had to start somewhere and today when i weighed myself i lost 3.6lbs, i was so happy i didnt know what to do with myself and i have a 100lbs to loose so i got to do it, and if stubborn me is doing it i know you can, so welcome and feel free to add me

Good job on the 3.6lbs! I am pretty new to the site and have about 100lbs to lose also!
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place! Just remember: consistency over time.....or slow and steady wins the race. Feel free to add me if you like. :)) GOOD LUCK!!! You can do it!
  • vitra35
    vitra35 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I am kinda new also. Welcome.... I started a while ago and fell of the logging but I am happy that this is my 5th day without straying. This site is really helpful and and exercise is a must!!! Best of luck
  • YGSpencer
    Options
    Hi Christine. You're sitting right where I am. I've been working on the last 11 lbs for 3 mos also. I'm up 2, down 2, up 1, down 1, I'm getting dizzy. Gotta get off this roller coaster for good. I'll join you if you want. Just friend me. I need all the help I can get too. Maybe we can end the journey together. Hugs.
    Yvette
  • profsedc220
    Options
    You can do it. I am 66 years old with mobility issues and used the program for the past 6 months and have lost 37 pounds. If I can do it you can. With our shift work it will be important to spread your calories over the entire time you are working. good luck