Save up your exercise calories?

Options
Do you have to eat your exercise calories daily or would it be okay to save them up? I have read that if you eat too much less, then your body's metabolsim will slow down. I like to eat a little more on the weekend. This would be similar to what Weight-Watchers do with their point system.

Replies

• veganmommy04
    Options
    i wouldn't think that would be good. i used to do ww and yes the theory is the similar, but ww xtra points were there even if you did not exercise, and your exercise calories on this program are only if you exercise and for the day you do those exercises on, if you exercise on monday and don't use those extra calories you were allowed and really want something extra on friday but you didn't exercise on friday then its not gonna even out.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

I don't know if this link will help with your question or not! I hope so!:happy:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    This is all just opinion and speculation of course, but I tend to think it would be okay as long as what you're using those extra calories for are *quality* calories. However, I don't think it's going to do you any good at all to save up and extra 1000 calories over the week and then blow them on beer and grease over the weekend. But if you want to bank a couple hundred exercise calories during the week and eat an extra egg in your omelet Saturday morning or and extra spoonful of (healthy) peanut butter on your sandwich or an extra serving of fruit, I say go for it. :wink: Just expect your weight to fluctuate accordingly and be careful your daily calorie deficit isn't too excessive (Now, what's too excessive for your body, I can't say. We're all different).
    Again, take this opinion for what it's worth (which is probably not much).
  • ddpowell
    ddpowell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the links! I read some o f them and I found them helpful. I think that I will experiment and try to eat the exercise calories on the day that I accumulate them and see what happens. If I still lose weight, I will continue to do it. Now, I will have to just be better behaved on the weekends ( when I don't do much exercise!) :(
  • nikkia75
    Options
    i wondered the same i think i will just have to exercise twice as much on a weekend than i do during the week to make up for it
    :-)