Dear BMI, screw you! NSV (:

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
Just got my BF% checked... it's 27.3% which is well into the "healthy" range. (Was over 50% when I began this journey)

Suck on that BMI of 29.8, (only just out of the obese category) just goes to show how BMI really does not take into account muscle/bones/etc.

Replies

• HakunaMatata519
    HakunaMatata519 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm just BARELY over the obese range which is so frustrating because looking at myself, I really don't consider myself obses at all... but it's because I'm so dang short! It's not fair! Really messes with your head sometimes.
  • jelanahbeth
    Options
    congrats on your positive acheivement :)
  • mollymasm
    mollymasm Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Great progress! Proud of you :)
  • Tiffanyluvsaaron
    Options
    I'm considered obese too which I can't fathom because it sound so ridiculous when I look in a mirror. My sister weighs 40 pounds less and I'm not much bigger than her. Another 14 lbs and I will be at just overweight lol
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh..don't get me started on any charts :sick:
  • fee26
    fee26 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Damn straight. I have a friend who is in awesome shape, and he tells me that he is obese according to his BMI. He is a jujitsu nut.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!