motivate me to exercise!

Options
I lack the motivation to get up and move, to get up and exercise. Help.

Replies

• waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Thin people exercise.

Fat people sit on the couch and watch TV.

Its not an activity, its a lifestyle.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    No.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

If you dont get up and excercise you will gain weight and die a lonely death. Is that what you want? No? I didnt think so. Get your *kitten* up and get active!!:explode:
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can only motivate yourself...if it's important to you, you'll find a way, if not, you'll find an excuse.
  • tastywhalebacon
    Options

If you dont get up and excercise you will gain weight and die a lonely death. Is that what you want? No? I didnt think so. Get your *kitten* up and get active!!:explode:

I don't wanna die a lonely death!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    fake it till you makeit. go through the motions..and the motivation will follow. Like smiling or singing when you're down...your mood has to lift naturally.
  • cckellympls
    cckellympls Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    They say (I dont know who exactly) that it is 80% the way you eat and 20% exercise. Well....I lost some weight just eating healthy but when i got up and moved i saw my body changing and lost weight more quickly. Now i actually like to go to the gym and workout. It took me a long time to get there but i am so glad i got there. Only you can make the choice to move your body. It is worth it and so are you!!!
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    To paraphrase my friend Willy...

Exercise 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Thin people exercise.

I sit on the couch and watch TV all day... the only time I get up is to eat or exercise for 30-60min / day. :indifferent:
  • brittbonshor
    brittbonshor Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    my first reaction on this post was to say something like "don't bother - stay sedentary and make us all look skinnier by comparison!" but any type of bullying u to exorcize or reverse psychology is only going to associate guilt with exercise. the reason you're probably not excerpting is cause you feel like you "SHOULD" - at least i think that's what my issue is. If you can convince yourself that you enjoy it, then you're good to go. cause you'd be doing it cause you feel like it not cause you should. there's some good positive videos on youtube.. there's one chick that talks a lot about emotional eating and exercise and how it can impact your weight loss & lifestyle. if you search emotional eating you'll probably find her. she's a brunette....i can't remember her name right now. good luck.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Tough!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Grab a heart rate monitor, put some of this on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9qvCTdBLDs and do some housework. Trust me with this song blasting you cant help but move. I got 250 cals done in 47 mins through this song..... and that was folding the washing & doing the dishes mostly lol.
  • megziejo
    megziejo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    10 min. You can get up and move for 10 min. Just do a little. Stop and see how much better you feel. Do it again tomorrow. Motivation doesn't just happen it takes work.
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options

What made you join this site to in the first place? I'm sure it was to lose weight. Imagine yourself being thinner and more fit. A whole new closet full of new clothes- and more confidence when you step foot out of the house. You will have necks breaking just to get a second glimpse of your hot new body. Don't keep telling yourself " I'll do it tomorrow ". Do it today!!!! It's not a diet you're forming, it's a lifestyle!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Good Lord. Get off you *kitten* and get to work!
  • twiggylee1
    Options
    Most of us, I think, have the same issue! But once we get up and do it, it makes us feel so much better, then we start to crave that exercising regime! Getting started is the worst part, like dieting. It's nice outside, get out and just start walking and work up from there!!
  • therighttrack
    therighttrack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Grab a heart rate monitor, put some of this on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9qvCTdBLDs and do some housework. Trust me with this song blasting you cant help but move. I got 250 cals done in 47 mins through this song..... and that was folding the washing & doing the dishes mostly lol.

...blast your speakers with WHATEVER kind of music that gets you feeling happy and wanting to dance! Pop a exercise video in, or go for a walk with the headphones! Either way you will feel great for doing it and happy cause `You love that song!!`
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Download an awesome album or put one you own on an ipod, hit play. Go outside and keep moving until the album is over. Come home, shower, be proud you didn't spend all night growing roots on the couch. Only you can get you motivated. If you want it bad enough you'll do it. I don't really want to lay down quotes or anything to motivate you. I was at the gym this morning tired and in pain before I started. I looked down on my setup for deadlifts. My motivation? The bleeping bar won't lift itself. Then I picked it up. 15 times. Moral of the story, your fat isn't going to go away by itself. Don't get discouraged, just get out there and get it done.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Thin people exercise.

WRONG!!!! Thin people BURN More Calories than they EAT! HEALTHY people do that< and EAT the RIGHT Foods with some type on regular ACTIVITY. That Activity don't have to be an exercise routine it could be: Walking your dog, Walking up steps at work/home, parking far away from your destination and walking the rest of the way, cleaning your house/apt., regular chores, doing a few calisthenics every hour as you get up from your desk! REMEMBER: What you eat is 90% of wt. loss and maintenance. If you try to keep up with people on MFP, relative to Exercise, You WILL fail at Wt. loss and maintenance! DO YOU, get your Eating Down First, then Slowly add in more Activity. You must do what is SUSTAINABLE for YOU or it is NOT a LIFESTYLE!.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can only motivate yourself...if it's important to you, you'll find a way, if not, you'll find an excuse.

THIS!