So how long until "divorced" becomes "single"?

Options
2»

Replies

• MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    As soon as I signed the paper saying I was divorced from that *kitten*!!!! Now he's someone else's problem not mine I washed my hands clean of him the day we signed our divorce papers on May 28, 2010.
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My mom got divorced when I was 7. I'm 27 now and she still calls herself divorced. She also never wants to get married again, so she is happy with the title.

I think that it's whatever you are comfortable saying. If you are past all of the emotional parts that come with divorced and the papers are signed...call yourself whatever you want. If you're NOT ready to have that part of your life to be over I think that divorced works best.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    When she doesn't haunt you (or your paycheck) anymore...

So 11 years then. (he laughs)

No, SHE laughs...I paid support on 3 boys for 18 years (until the youngest finished college.

Ouch.......

SOOOOO, SUPPORTING YOUR Kids are a burden...If that's the case for YOU (and men usually make more money than women) imagine how she feels. After all, YOU helped make them and made the SAME promises/vows when you got married! Anyone remember when men were responsible for ALL of the support for THEIR kids!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Take the time you were together and divide by 2. That's how long it takes to get over all the bad feelings anyway.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I always thought "divorced" was "single". "Single" is an umbrella term... it can mean lots of different things.
    And, as long as you don't have any children, it's not that big of a difference.
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    So in two months, I will be divorced a year. When does "divorced" become "single"?

why would you want it to?

divorced means someone wanted you at some point enough to marry you.

single means no one liked you enough to ever marry you.
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    So in two months, I will be divorced a year. When does "divorced" become "single"?

why would you want it to?

divorced means someone wanted you at some point enough to marry you.

single means no one liked you enough to ever marry you.

the only situation where "divorced" is bad is if you're under 25 and you date other under 25 yr olds, because they're going to look at you mighty strange being their age and already divorced when they haven't even been married yet.

But once you're over 30 I think divorced is great. In fact anyone over 30 and never married are kind of... looked at suspiciously, wondering what's wrong with them that they never got married, at least here in the Midwest it's like that