Ripped in 30 Level 2

Options
Hi Everyone this is my first post here :)

Just wanted to ask, all those that have done Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30, Did you find Level 2 REALLY hard?

I did really well in Level 1 and thought I would start off well in Level 2, but I couldn't manage all of the mountain climbers, and it took me a while to master the jump rope with back and forward kicks. I felt a bit dissapointed in myself at the end of it, even though sweat was literally dripping off me!

Today was my first day at Level 2 so I'm hoping to smash it tomorrow :)

Replies

• paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I hate week 2! I've done 3 days of it so far but am sticking to it and hoping I enjoy week 3 more.
  • shepar79
    shepar79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do all of the mountain climbers either. I tried to count and do more each day. Even though I was frustrated not to be able to do everything I still got a great workout!!!
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way starting level 2! Im currently on week 2 day 4. I have a hard time doing the table things, the pendulum squats which i modify so it doesnt kil my knees and the mountain climbers! I do fine until the 2nd rotation of them and my shoulders start burning so i have to keep stopping! Although i will say that each day i get stronger so i can do a little more but boy am i sore after every workout! Did you guys lose any pounds since starting this yet? I keep going up and down with the same 3 pounds and didnt measure myself before starting so i was just curious if anyone else has lost pounds or inches?
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    when i was in high school we had to do 50 of those fkrs the mountain climbers and i can't do 10 now!! today is week 2 day 2 for me and it was pretty intense for me ! i LOVED sweating like crazy haha
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    It's as hard as you make it lol. By the end of it I was using 15 lbs weights :)
  • xLauraBethx
    xLauraBethx Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way starting level 2! Im currently on week 2 day 4. I have a hard time doing the table things, the pendulum squats which i modify so it doesnt kil my knees and the mountain climbers! I do fine until the 2nd rotation of them and my shoulders start burning so i have to keep stopping! Although i will say that each day i get stronger so i can do a little more but boy am i sore after every workout! Did you guys lose any pounds since starting this yet? I keep going up and down with the same 3 pounds and didnt measure myself before starting so i was just curious if anyone else has lost pounds or inches?

I've lost 5lbs, 2 inches around my waist, and inch around each thigh, and two inches from my chest so far. I have been following a diet as well as doing ripped in 30 6 days a week.

I have a really hard time doing the table things as well because I can't left my butt off the floor when in the sitting position!! Haha, I really try my hardest though.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options

I've lost 5lbs, 2 inches around my waist, and inch around each thigh, and two inches from my chest so far. I have been following a diet as well as doing ripped in 30 6 days a week.

I have a really hard time doing the table things as well because I can't left my butt off the floor when in the sitting position!! Haha, I really try my hardest though.

I cannot do the table things either! I feel like my arms need to be about 3 inches longer to do them!
  • xLauraBethx
    Options
    It's as hard as you make it lol. By the end of it I was using 15 lbs weights :)

Wow you must be some kind of super woman, My arms are shaking with 5lb weights! :)
  • mystikalbeanz
    Options

Thats awesome! Great job! Did you follow the diet that Jillian provides with RI30 or your own? Ive been doing it 5 days a week because ive always taken 2 rest days a week and RI30 makes my body so sore! I know ive been losing inches but no pounds yet although i prob wont know until im done with the program! Those tables are rough! On day 5 of week 2 i was able to do everything alot stronger except like you i still cant lift my butt off the floor either! Tomorrow starts week 3 for me and i heard week 3 is the worst!
  • Bola17
    Bola17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I´ve also been doing RI30. Did L2 day 6 yesterday but I have to do something else every 2nd day as my left knee can´t handle this week. Did fine on Level 1- only held one day of rest. And I don´t really know which of the exercises is hurting my knee as it doesn´t hurt while I´m doing it - just can´t walk properly the next morning :noway: But it´s better the next day again.
    Other than that I find cardio easier this week (except the mountain climber ;) I´m still sweating buckets but am sure feeling the planks in my back!!!
    Have only lost 1cm in hips and ½cm in waist - I´m not doing the meal plan as I have celiacs so I´m eating what I can eat.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Does anyone ever really get ripped in 30 days? Sounds like a setup.
  • xLauraBethx
    Options

I don't expect to get "Ripped" as such in 30 days but I can definately see my fitness levels going up significantly, and I'm certainly more toned than I was to start with.

Alot of people on here have had some really good results with it :)
  • xLauraBethx
    Options

Thats awesome! Great job! Did you follow the diet that Jillian provides with RI30 or your own? Ive been doing it 5 days a week because ive always taken 2 rest days a week and RI30 makes my body so sore! I know ive been losing inches but no pounds yet although i prob wont know until im done with the program! Those tables are rough! On day 5 of week 2 i was able to do everything alot stronger except like you i still cant lift my butt off the floor either! Tomorrow starts week 3 for me and i heard week 3 is the worst!

I'm not following Jillians diet, I didn't like the look of that, I'm a bit of a fussy eater, So I've just gone down the low carb route for now and I find it's really working for me. I haven't cut out carbs all together but I'm just not eating as many as I used to.

I did day 2 yesterday and I managed to master the jump rope, so now it's just those mountain climbers :(:(:(
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I reckon week 2 is my favourite :)
    I had a massive hard time doing the plank positions but by day 3 I was all good :)
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of week 2 and I hate it. I'm having a tough time doing all of the stuff in a plank position. By the end of that little stretch, my wrists are hurting, not my abs or legs. I also did 30 Day Shred last month and so far this (week 2) has been my least favorite circuit. Bleh.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

I have to disagree with your comment. I didn't get "ripped" but in conjunction with a balanced/healthy diet and alternating 2-3mile runs I did see a lot more definition by just using Ripped in 30...pics on profile to prove it.
  • xLauraBethx
    Options

I have to disagree with your comment. I didn't get "ripped" but in conjunction with a balanced/healthy diet and alternating 2-3mile runs I did see a lot more definition by just using Ripped in 30...pics on profile to prove it.

Your stomach in your profile pic is exactly what I want! You look amazing.
  • mystikalbeanz
    Options

I'm not following Jillians diet, I didn't like the look of that, I'm a bit of a fussy eater, So I've just gone down the low carb route for now and I find it's really working for me. I haven't cut out carbs all together but I'm just not eating as many as I used to.

I did day 2 yesterday and I managed to master the jump rope, so now it's just those mountain climbers :(:(:(

Yea i looked at her diet and was like nah i dont eat any of that stuff! Esp all the fish! I dont eat any seafood at all! I think im going to try low carb and see if that works for me! Im getting frustrated because since i started RI30 my weight isnt moving at all! I just keep losing gaining the same 3 pounds! Ugh.. I also only do it 5 days a wk because ive alway taken 2 rest days when exercising and i need them after doing her workouts all week! Thats great you mastered the jump rope! I like that move! I never mastered the mountain climbers. Would make it through the first rotation and then by the 2nd my shoulders would be burning! So today is day 1 week 3 and im scared! lol. I havent heard anything good about wk 3!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Oh week 2 is BRUTAL! and yes it's that one set that just kills me. I wimp out usually and even at the last day of the week I still am whimpering. I don't like that week because my wrists get really sore as a lot of it is in plank or using the wrists for support. Week 3 is a little better but the last set is a bit of a killer too.
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    In my opinion level 2 is harder than level 3 :)