WW/Clean Eating/Jenny Craig.....What program do you follow?

Options

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    40% protein/30% carbs/30% fat. Ideally all the carbs would come from veggies, friuts and legumes. Fats coming from nuts, olive oil and saturated fats from protein sources mostly.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I do the following:

1) I create a calorie deficit.
    2) I eat sufficient macros (pro/fat/cho) for my body composition goals.
    3) I lift weights, with intent.
    4) I rest.
    5) I get up the next day and do it again.

I do not eliminate foods from my diet.

This is what I do as well.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    1200 calories and exercise.
  • Grant_P
    Grant_P Posts: 13
    Options
    I eat 1700 Calories a day. (My wife eats 1400).

I try to come as close as I can to no more than 20% - 25% Fat.... 35% - 45% Protein... and if possible no more than 45% carbs. (I usually go a little over this). No big deal though.

We wear a Fitbit all day.

I'm just now starting to add excercise. It is definitely helping. I walk about 1 1/2 - 2 miles every evening. Eventually I'll kick up the speed and jog more little by little until I'm joggin the entire route. :)

p.s. Since I'm new here... (I was on Lose-It for a month before here) New friend requests welcome :)
  • alinakaras
    alinakaras Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I started off with following James Duigan's Clean & Lean kickstart diet, that was suppose to last for 2 weeks. I did a week and 2 days, I think. I was getting a bit overwhelmed by what I could and couldn't eat. I missed having yoghurt and fruit for breakfast so I swapped salmon with cucumber for this. I haven't go back to my old habits, I still eat a little bit of carbs and no processed foods or rarely have sugar, but I don't panic if one day I have a pasta dish or an ice cream. I've just noticed afterwards how I feel (bloated, sluggish) and I know that this is just simply not good for me, and then go on for days/weeks without having pasta or something sweet.

So yes, clean eating, exercising regularly and not obsessing about calories too much! It must be working as I'm still losing weight.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Eat less & move more quite simply.

I eat chocolate almost every single day because I like it and cant ever imagine not eating it every day so I refuse to cut it out. I fit it into my calories and macros.

Other than that I cook most of my food from scratch, snack on fruit/veggies/seeds measure out reasonable sized portions and try to do some form of exercise at least 4 times a week including cycling/jogging/swimming/weights/exericse DVD's whatever takes my fancy. Try to keep protein above 90g and carbs below 150g (not always successful with that but its a good aim)
  • kittyconni
    Options
    I go to the Metabolic Research Center. I started there back in March and I am 59 pounds down. 26 more to go. I also get a year of maintenance so they will teach me how to eat and keep the weight off! I have nothing but great things to day about MRC!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Joined MFP (Most important decision ever!!)
    Read the boards to gain information (Mostly very good but some about drnking Pregnant Womens Pee...:noway: )
    Started logging my food (arrrgghhh scary amounts of calories)
    Learned portion control by weighing my food (phew that's better)
    Created a calorie deficit using the tools given (Felt smug)
    Learned I don't have to starve to lose weight (it is true)
    Learned that lifting heavy will change my body composition (it is true)
    Do some cardio to increase my stamina (Don't like cardio :grumble: )
    Get loads and loads of support, chat, fun and advice from my MFP Friends. (BRILLIANT :drinker: )

That's about it really.

So I guess I am following the MFP Programme :love: :love: :love:
  • jesscro
    jesscro Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've just started back at WW, following a programme simply because I need that physical weigh-in and meeting every week, and also using MFP to track my calories and get some online enthusiasm while I'm at work!

I think programmes like WW etc only work if you're willing to put in a little work like you do here on MFP, and not just add up your points every day and expect to be losing weight just because the math adds up! Re-educating my brain is the most important thing for me in my weight loss journey, and anything that helps is most welcome!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I do this:
    Eat what I want, when I want it
    Eat less then I need to maintain
    Run 3 Days a Week
    Lift 2-3 Days a week
    Repeat
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing WW but I'm here on MFP because I am also changing my diet (trying to cut out dairy, which makes me close to vegan) and want to make sure I'm eating healthy.

I like WW because it dumbs the process down, which I needed to get started. Thinking about dieting (while also dealing with my job, school, extended family, cleaning the house, etc...) was like standing at the bottom of a mountain looking up... now it looks more like a hill. I can do this without having it take over my life!
  • skinnyone2012
    skinnyone2012 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am now 3 weeks into Paleo and down 9 lbs. Im really liking it.
  • alord426
    alord426 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I joined WW back on July 29, 2010 (3 months after having my son) and lost 75lbs on it. Now I count calories through MFP and exercise since I can no longer afford WW and am still losing weight. I still use the moderation methods I learned through WW but I can honestly say WW changed my life for the better and I will tell anyone that WW definitley works!!!
  • CupcakeHarpy
    CupcakeHarpy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I used to follow diets and programs and they just would annoy the crap out of me and I would quit. I've done a ton of research and put together my own idea of a healthy diet. Combining this food with making sure my calories are between bmr and tdee, I've been slowly but steadily losing. I eat out whenever I need to or feel like it and I just record it. Keep in mind, I still eat crap. But the amount of crap that I eat has really gone down. I also do light exercise every day since I'm nursing a back injury.

I aim to eat (but not limited to):
    vegetables of all kinds (yes, starchy veg, too)
    all fruits (but berries and cherries are the best)
    grains (white rice, brown rice, oats, quinoa, buckwheat, etc)
    nuts and seeds (pistachios and almonds are my fav)
    beans and legumes

Have in smaller portions per day, try to limit:
    some dairy (always whole fat)
    Oils (I go for olive oil on salads and coconut oils for frying/baking)
    Sweet things (I aim to eat honey or maple syrup instead of other refined sources. sugar is best from fruits)
    Breads (go for 100% whole wheat or whole grain, but sprouted grain vegan breads or ezekiel bread is the best choice)

Meat, fish, and eggs is really up to the person. Pastured eggs and meats are the best option and pacific wild caught salmon is really good. There is nothing wrong with eating these every day, but I have been trying to limit them for my own reasons.

This is just what works for ME. Obviously other people have success with structured diets, and I salute them.:drinker:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    None. I exercise, whether it's going to the gym, walking or riding my bike and I try to eat as well as I can. Notice I said "well" not "clean." I eat whatever I want. Some days are good, some days are bad. MFP, reading and learning is the only program I need.
  • CupcakeHarpy
    CupcakeHarpy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just curious, why do you think legumes are bad for you, DeadVim? I have never heard that before, actually the opposite.

It might be because he is eating primal or paleo? People following that kind of diet try to eliminate foods that were not eaten by humans before the agricultural age. AKA, we didn't eat grains or wheat until we stopped hunting and gathering. And I think beans and legumes need to be cooked before they can be eaten, or else it is toxic to our bodies. It is simply attempting to mimic what humans ate when we evolved rather than what society is used to. I don't follow those plans, but I get the point.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    No "program" here - I just eat regular food - mostly homecooked, and aim to not eat too much of it.

^This.
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've always like weight watchers best. It's seemingly more flexible and I love the social aspect of it. That said I have to say the reason so many people have been off and on all these programs is because they are not exactly maintainable for the rest of your life. Who really wants to count points FOREVER> ?? yes, it can be done, but it's not very practical. They are fabulous for the education of food and weight loss, so take it as a starting off point until you can hold your own, which is the most important. Good luck.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I've used the Isagenix fat burning and nutritional cleansing program since 2009---I lost 70 pounds in about nine months and have kept it off for three years....one of the many benefits of the program is the increase in energy that has allowed me to be more active, also I don't crave all the unhealthy foods I used to eat all the time.

:flowerforyou: along with this, I've posted food and exercise on MFP and posted on a couple of threads to maintain a support system.
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have been doing clean eating and loving it. I have never thought of a company who wants to sell you their "diet products" as something that would be good for me. I have heard great things about weight watchers, and known a lot of people who had success with it. My aunt has had a lot of success with Jenny Craig right now too.

I know that clean eating is working for me, and it is because I am mentally in the right place to do it. My best recommendation is to look at the plans and what they want you to do, and choose the one that would best fit with what you are willing to commit to - financially, sacrifices as far as what foods you will give up, and what you will physically be able to do.

I love clean eating because I feel I can eat anything that I want - I just changed what I wanted. If I want bread, I have it - but just whole grain. If I want salad dressing, I have it, I just make my own. It takes a lot of preparation, but I'm OK with that. I thought giving up refined sugars would be more difficult - but it was just the opposite. Because I don't have sugar, my body doesn't crave it at all.