Breakfast.. how many calories do you eat?

Options

Replies

• littlenoms
    Options
    I usually eat 250-350 in for breakfast (8am), then usually have a snack 80-120ish (at 1030ish). Like others have said, the more protein I eat at breakfast, the longer I go until I feel hungry.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Agree with Sidesteal it really comes down to individual basis and what works for you in particular. That being said I eat 3200-3400 calories a day and I am a Type 2 Diabetic so my meal frequency is 3 Main meals and 3 snacks daily so Breakfast is always 1000-1200 calories..... I workout in the mornings and for me I am at my best after Breakfast...... Best of Luck...
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    anywheres from 200 - 400...usually yogurt & flax, but weekends i can have pancakes or cereal, that is 400-500, but I usually dont have lunch on weekends.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    my breakfast is usually around 300. That's a big breakfast to me, because I never used to eat breakfast at all. :wink:
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Usually about 100 cal (Fiber One & Milk) for my first meal of the day about an hour after I get up. Then an apple, a cup of coffee, a piece of toast, and scrambled egg substitute distributed over the rest of the morning before lunch. So most mornings my pre-lunch calories total around 300. I like to snack all day long so I don't eat much at a time.
  • odessey
    odessey Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    generally 250 - 300 cals, bowl of cereal with semi skimmed milk, cup of tea with semi skimmed milk and 1 sugar.
  • Stary714
    Stary714 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is right before I go to school and I find that if its too big (over 150 calories) I get really hungry in 2nd period and stay that way and watch the clock until lunch time.

I usually have a breakfast bar. Either nutrigrain or a quaker oats.

Hope I helped :)
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Since I am sticking to a 1200-1400 calories per day; this is how a I try to allocate it (If I know I'm going out to dinner or out for lunch; I eat the minimum for the other meals so that I can stay within my caloric budget).

Min Max
    Breakfast 350 375
    Snack - AM 75 120
    Lunch 350 375
    Snack - PM 75 120
    Dinner 350 400
    Total 1200 1390
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,039 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 250-350 in for breakfast (8am), then usually have a snack 80-120ish (at 1030ish). Like others have said, the more protein I eat at breakfast, the longer I go until I feel hungry.

^^this^^ except my breakfast is about 6:30 am, and if I don't get at least 26 grams of protein, By 10:30 I'm ravenous!
  • jeankh
    jeankh Posts: 68
    Options
    On a normal day, no more then 300.
  • jodiegauv91
    Options
    For me it also depends on what you call breakfast. I don't eat anything when I wake up, I usually work out in the morning and then eat my first meal around 10:30. It ranges from 300-400 calories depending on the time/how hungry I am.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Zero.

If I eat breakfast I find myself wanting to eat all day long. I'm better off with a Berocca drink or herbal tea until at least mid morning or lunchtime.
  • Shange_Gully
    Options
    today 1500cals

2pm tho.
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2 110 and generally my meal sizes are

breakfast: 250
    lunch: 400-500
    dinner: 300
    snacks: 400
  • NYAnnie33
    NYAnnie33 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Interesting to see that everyone has their own way of making it work. Some completely opposite strategies. Thanks for taking the time to put your two cents in!
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I eat between 250-350 calories every 3 hours for a total of 1500 calories per day. My first meal of the day tends to be around 300 calories or slightly less.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Completely depends on the day. Some days its about 3-400 cals.... other times it can be 700...
    Some mornings im really hungery and others not so much
  • omgiacobbi
    omgiacobbi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It really just depends on how hungry I am. Today, the majority of my "breakfast" calories came from my coffee (more specifically, my coffee creamer). Some mornings though, I wake up very hungry, so I'll eat an egg, a piece of toast with butter or cream cheese, and spinach. Other mornings I eat oatmeal with greek yogurt mixed in. Typically my bfast cals are between 300 and 500.
  • polarlove
    polarlove Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    breakfast: around 200
    lunch: around 300
    dinner: around 500
    snacks: whatever is leftover out of 1200
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    On a normal day I aim for 200-300 calories and then have a morning snack of about 150 calories.