healthy alternatives to junkfood weaknesses?

Options
2»

Replies

• sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I get a bag of Nature's Harvest banana chips. I eat them pretty consistently throughout the day, just a few of the bchips whenever I get the urge to eat, so I'm not obsessively downing the whole bag haha.

Anyways, it's pretty cheap, lasts me a little while, and they taste delicious! At first I wasn't so sure, I'm not a banana fan to be honest, but there's something about these, yummy! You should look into them, I get mine from walmart. I know banana chips don't sound appetizing, but they are really so good! I'm a convert! haha

I used to eat out a LOT. I was working about 80-90 work weeks with college full time on top of it, and it was a LOT easier to just swing by somewhere and grabe a burrito, or a hamburger, etc.. I gained SO much weight by doing that. So needless to say, breaking this habit has been... difficult. I still struggle every now and then, but I just shove my mouth with banana chips and change my mind about being hungry haha. I hope this helps you if even just a little bit!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Banana Chips!
  • mrsains
    mrsains Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Instead of tortilla chips, cut up a whole wheat tortilla, brush with olive oil and bake at 425 until crispy.

Milk, chocolate protein powder, and ice in a blender makes a wonderful alternative to a milkshake.

Frozen yogurt in place of ice cream.

Carbonated water to replace cravings for fizzy, calorie-laden drinks like pop/soda, beer, etc.

Hmm... that's all I can think of right now!
  • BrewerFan2
    Options
    I have been replacing ice cream with fat free cool whip and fresh or frozen fruit mixed together. It's a nice treat. Usually about an ounce of frozen cool whip and a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries/blackberries mixed and i'm good to go. This is good when you as a 6oz of fat free yogurt container and mix in the blender and freeze in the freezer in popsicle molds as well for about 4 to 6 hours for popsicles. It works out to about 4 to 6 popsicles depending on size and approximately 30 calories each. Yum
  • mandersatx
    Options
    Try a pita pizza. We have a local bakery that makes super thin whole wheat pita bread about 10" across that's 110 calories. I hit it with a shot of Pam, put 1/2 cup of marinara sauce on it, and top with kale or spinach, chickpeas, sauteed onions, chopped grilled chicken, fresh mushrooms - most of the time I use leftovers, top with 2 tbsp shredded cheese (the real kind, I'm on a mission against processed anything & chemicals!), and bake at 425 for 8-12 minutes. Super crispy crust, satisfies my pizza craving, and reinvents leftovers.
  • readsalot68
    readsalot68 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm an icecream fanatic who has sort of went cold turykey. Since I'm not sure how long that's going to last any alternative to the bananas, don't really care for them.