Weekend stratgies?

Options
How do you stick with the plan on weekend? I find it much easier during the week since I'm at work all day.

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Drop back and punt.

Seriously, I am a little more lax on the weekends, but I try to do a little more exercise to make up for it. I also do not count my cals day by day, but rather average them out over the week, which frequently leaves me extra cals for the weekend.
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I don't usually log on the weekends. It is kind of my time to chill. I usually make dinner Friday nights and my breakfasts throughout the weekend but other than that it is a free for all. I try and keep it balanced but that is hard when you have parties to go to all the time!
  • pinkie1981
    Options
    I try to plan out my weekend during the week, on what I am going to eat. I am better during the week too, since I am at work.
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Same as during the week. Plan meals, and stop when I hit the magic number.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I'm not that sucessful lol, but I do believe in logging the weekends however I think the calories I save during the week can be applied to the weekends. I try to pre-log as much as possible, but when alcohol comes into play everything goes out the window.
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Since I'm training for a half-marathon and tough mudder, I have my long run on Sunday. Therefore I feel better if I break off the plan a bit. I do allow myself a desert or something sat/sun as long as I don't give in during the week.
  • walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That's the hard time for me, too. Being home on the weekend is easier, than when we go away or to someone's house. I just have to have a plan, but if someone else is cooking the meals, I usually go over the calorie limit. Making up for it with more exercise helps. Smaller portions help, too, if possible. Just do the best we can and get back on track as soon as possible.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I don't usually log on the weekends, but I make it a point to not eat out on the weekends. I avoid situations or eat before I head out for the night. When I go grocery shopping, I don't buy any "unhealthy" foods or frozen meals because I know that's what I will end up eating on the weekends. I am usually under my cals on the weekends because I don't always get breakfast in, or I will have brunch and dinner. It's hard, but you get used to it. I was eating crap on the weekends and then thinking, wait, why am I even dieting during the week then, when my weekend is going to throw me off?
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Drop back and punt.

Seriously, I am a little more lax on the weekends, but I try to do a little more exercise to make up for it. I also do not count my cals day by day, but rather average them out over the week, which frequently leaves me extra cals for the weekend.

I average my calories over a week too. I try to reserve about 9,000 to get me through Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Mon-Thur, with eating my exercise calories back, I eat about 1400-1700 each of those days. I tend to go down a lot Mon-Fri, then up Sat-Sun, which still leaves a net loss. It's been working so far.
  • Wolfe1759
    Wolfe1759 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This will sound strange, but I actually find weekends easier. My partner does the cooking, and he makes sure that we are eating 3 balanced meals each day (whereas during the week, I am on my own to pack breakfast, lunch and dinner to the office).

Saturday is an "off" day for me so far as workouts are concerned, but Sunday I am back on the elliptical just like always. It's nice to have a break.

For me, I need to stay with the structure of the program to make sure that I don't give up all the positives that I fought for during the week.
  • VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    On weekends I try to keep within my macros but I don't live on any set schedule or do more than try to eat as healthy as possible.
    And I simply try to get in one or two good walks a day on those days.
  • addaline22
    addaline22 Posts: 114
    Options
    weekends are hard. temptaion every where. we happen to be social and have lots of parties and school functions that involve food. I keep up with my exerscie, and if we are out and there is say a pot luck or bbq or what not, I just get a taste of everything. thats all. like a teaspoon kinda size taste. it looks like my plate is full, I enjoy everyones hard work, and I dont starve or feel guilty. also- I always bring a veggie plate.
  • raygunpa
    raygunpa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My trouble is snacking on weekends, even if its just pretzels. I eat way too many of them!
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Weekends are hard, because my husband likes to snack. So I just give myself a limit - I can have ONE cookie with him at night, or ONE really bad meal over the course of the weekend. I still cheat, but I cheat with a limit, you know? I never just let myself go and drink a bunch of soda and eat bacon all weekend, lol.